PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!

star1_13_80
on 1/30/11 5:00 am - HOUSTON, TX
Hello you guys ......I am a 31 year old single mother of 3  and I was banded on 1-11-2007  at the time  HW 315     SW 305    LW 199  ( for a half of second) lol        CW 223  ( gained 15 after miscarriage and unfill )    ok..........got that out of the way 

Ok here is my question I had to be unfilled in early November because I could not get any food or liquids  down .  My doctor did a CT scan ...I did a swallow test and my Dr. said my esophagus was very weak and could not push anything through the band . Ok since then I have not went back to the doctor because I am scared to get a fill because it was scary as hell not being able to eat .....Now I am thinking about getting the VSG and I have been doing my research .....................By the way I am a self pay . Ok here is my questions.......1. should I go get filled and see how it goes ?      2. After losing 105 pounds and gaining 23 back ...do you guys think I can still loose weight with the band ...well loose 53 pounds to get to get to goal ?  Just to add even before I was unfilled I was not really loosing that much ..just really maintaining ......
3. Do you  continue to loose weight with that lap band 4 years out ? 

Just to be clear I am not bitter about having the lap band it worked for me for 4 years ....and I really didn't have any complications until November 2010.  Any advice is welcomed ..
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/11 7:24 am
You are in a tough predicament.  It is not wise to fool around with anything that is wrong with the esophagus.  The best advice I can give you is contact your band surgeon and get their opinion.  Good luck.
airbender
on 1/30/11 8:22 am
sounds like you have esophogeal dysmotility issues, if that is confirmed, via barium swallow,  you should not be filled ever again, and I would suggest having the band removed to prevent further damage to your esophogus, if you want to revise and to what is another issue, preserve your esophogus now.
terilynn112
on 1/30/11 7:56 pm - maryland, NY
I agree with the above posters... I'm a band to rny revision, and found out through my surgery that I have an inflammed stomach from the band. I feel so much better with the RNY

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Most Active