To have "program fee" comparison in question?

Tommy_two_tone
on 1/25/11 1:43 pm
Yes hello and good day to all! Is to have "program fee" for all revision surgeons? Yes is not expectation to address forum to all is to know all surgeon all program! Ho-ho!  To be sure is not clear, but to believe that Primary plus Secondary insurance as payees, finally to Medicare, but to not pay program fee as I do, no? I believe I am to be solely responsible for program fee.
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/11 3:04 pm - San Jose, CA
I will try to answer what I think you are asking -- is this a machine translation from another language?

Not all revision surgeons have program fees, but if they do, they are never reimbursable by insurance, and you must pay it up front, before surgery.

I cannot decipher what your question is about primary, secondary, or Medicare.  But it doesn't matter - if a program fee is required, YOU have to pay, not insurance.
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/26/11 1:44 am - Mexico
Many doctors have a program fee and ins does not cover it. :o(

I've seen it as low as $500 and as high as $8K.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
100togo4me
on 1/26/11 5:05 am
I am not in the business of billing, but the "program fee" is what you, yourself, will pay, in addition to what insurance will pay. If you have primary and secondary insurance, primary pays first, secondary pays what is left, including any of your remaining co-insurance (but not the program fee), depending on the plan. Finally, Medicare pays last. But like WASaBubbleButt says, insurance does not cover the program fee.

I don't feel like I explained that any better. How about this:

You, not insurance, will "be solely responsible for the program fee." Just like you said. Good luck to you!
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/11 6:43 am - Bayonne, NJ
Dr. Greenbaum had a program fee of 250 but that covered the support group and pre-op liquid diet. That's one of the lowest I've seen.
Most Active