Rude Insurance

kim W.
on 1/23/11 4:53 am - west des moines, IA
This week has been draining. I finally got confirmation from the surgeons office that they submitted to aetna and claims they submitted twice because Dr.Anthone forgot to add something.
So I had been told to call aetna to find out for sure they do revisions and the gal I talk to was great and told me some great things on my policy and to talk to the pre cert department. I call and was told they had nothing. I call two days later and got the rudest women ever. Asked her if she had any pre cert yet and before I could end the sentence she said no.
I can understand customer service is hard, I am in the same field but really this lady went far and beyond rude and heartless....
Just my frustrated mind did not need that right now!!!

Start-Revision RNY 02/17/2012- 402#, 2 months- down 55 #, 3 months-339

TamaraL
on 1/24/11 2:12 am
call back and ask to speak to a supervisor

Tam

kim W.
on 1/24/11 5:52 am - west des moines, IA
I called Aetna again and talked to a lovely lady that told me that it had been entered in and was great to tell me that it could take up to 15 days to get a reply.
Told her that I had a rude gal the other day and she was very nice to tell me she was sorry that she did that.

Now waiting for the approval...

Start-Revision RNY 02/17/2012- 402#, 2 months- down 55 #, 3 months-339

Melontiwst
on 1/28/11 6:09 am
Next time you want to verify that information has been received either medical records, appeal, or your own paperwork, ask for the "DCN" #,  (Document Control Number), that is the number each image is given when scanned into their system, that way if you call back with it they have to look it up!!! And don't say supervisor...say you want to talk to "Second Level"...know it sounds crazy but they have to put you thru to someone higher cause it's recorded in the call....supervisor could just be the customer service rep that has worked there the longest and may not know anymore than the person you were talking to!!  I work with insurance companies ALLLLLL day...they like skitzos on menopause....first person may be sweet as pie, the next needs to pull the thorn from their foot! OH and ALWAYS ask for a reference # before you hang up, that way next time you call in they can trackt he call and the rude person who did that to you. I am so sorry they did that!!!!! Rude insurances!!!
Most Active