Weight Gain

kat4868
on 1/22/11 11:46 pm
Hi All!  I had gastric bypass surgery in 2004.  I reached my goal weight and maintained it until 2008.  In 2008, I had the hernia that is common with gastric bypass and had to have surgery.  Since the surgery, I have hade major weight gain, severe low iron levels and low b-12.  I am very interested in a revision but have no idea where to begin.  I have been seeing my PCP for the last two years to help with the iron and b-12 issues but the weight continues to increase.  I have joined Weigh****cher's and failed.  I did the 5 day pouch test several times and failed.  Is there any help out there for me? 

Thanks,
Kat
size6-8in09
on 1/23/11 6:37 am
Hello Kat:

Are stories are the same with the exception of the hernia.  I will be following this post to see what advice you are given.

Good luck....
Zee
kat4868
on 1/23/11 9:13 am
Hi Zee,
    Thank you for responding to my post.  I am so frustrated but I am not even sure where to begin.  I did contact the bariatric department at Geisinger Medical Center which is near my home but they could not give me any information.  I plan on contacting my insurance to see if a revision is covered and then I will contact the hospital again.  Please let me know if you find out anything as well. 

:) Kat
pixie63
on 1/29/11 1:11 am, edited 1/29/11 1:11 am
hey kat!  when i read your post, i truly thought i had written it!  with the exception of the hernia (i had stage 3 breast cancer), we are pretty much the same.  i had r-n-y in 2004, began gaining back in 2008 and have gained 30 lbs. to date (90 lb loss originally).  i  visited a bari surgeon here on the suggestion of my endocrinologist (i have type 1 diabetes) regarding revision.  the surgeon just looked at me like i was speaking a foreign language he didn't understand, handed me a bunch of handouts, sent me on my way, and then sent me a bill for $400+.  guess i'll have to look elsewhere. 

please don't look at yourself as a failure - you are not a failure

i plan to follow this and see if anyone offers advice.  keep me up to date!

Most Active