Surgery is over

traci914
on 1/21/11 4:34 am - Columbus, OH
Hi all,

I had my exploratory surgery with Dr. Needleman on Wednesday. I haven't decided if it turned out good or bad. He did not find anything wrong with my stomach -- in fact, he was very pleased with how healthy everything looked. No revision was done ... I still have the RNY and I guess I'm headed for treatment for IBS and he wants to try some things to help me digest food better so I don't throw up as much.

I had been looking into going for the DS in California -- but Aetna still hasn't answered on my appeal. And, given what happened in the OR on Wednesday, I am not inclined to have any type of surgery again unless my life depends on it. When they took out the breathing tube after the surgery, I had some sort of spasms where the wind pipe clamps completely shut and you can't breathe. I had to be tubed again -- given a shot of epinephrin ... given a mask with some sort of medicine in it. I was awake and aware that I couldn't breathe. It was horrible. This happened like 4 times. The surgery only lasted an hour but I was in recovery struggling to breathe for 4 hours. I think I will count my blessings and stick with what I have. Dr. Needleman seems confidant that he can get me through whatever this is ... and as long as I can get back to being healthy and active, I don't really give a flying f** what size I wear!

terilynn112
on 1/27/11 8:16 pm - maryland, NY
I hope you're feeling better from your exploratory.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Most Active