Mexico VSG re-vision.

Shanna L.
on 1/21/11 4:43 am - Canada
Here I am, 2 years and 2 months out from my VSG. I have gained 20lbs in the last few months and hate it. I had a wonderfully easy time with my first VSG and had no difficulty. My surgeon gave my a diet for 3 weeks before and around 4 months after and I follwed both to a tee. Anyways, I am really struggling with losing weight again. It is so incredibly stressful, as I try my hardest but the food is still my enemy. My Dad had a VSG done in Mexico a while back and I went with him. The surgeon was fantastic and I am concidering going back and having the VSG done again. I am so terrified of gaining more weight. I have bee doing 2 protien shakes a  day for breakfast and dinner for amonth with no results.I have been having some pain in my hips, that tends to go around my back. I have always had a problem with going to the washroom since after my surgery, but this got better till a few months ago, this is when I noticed the pain and what looks to me like bloating. I have an appt to see my family Doctor on Monday and I guess I will see what he has to say about the whole thing. I guess I would love to get some people opinions on this. Has anyone had a re-vision in Mexico from VSG? Is this ok? I am also wonering if there is a way to check the size of my stomach. I know I can eat more then at the begining, but still, hardly more then a child could eat.
"When a GIRL is quiet, Millions of things are running in her mind. When a GIRL is not arguing, She is thinking deeply. When a GIRL looks at you with eyes full of questions, She is wondering how long you will be around. When a GIRL answers "i'm fine" after a few seconds, She is not at all fine. When a GIRL stares at you, She is wondering why you are lying. When a GIRL says I love you, She means it. When a GIRL says "i miss you", No one in this world can miss you more than her."
smileyjamie72
on 1/21/11 6:02 am - Palmer, AK

I have seen someone on the DS messageboard get re-sleeved, I am thinking that her doctor (her screen name is Diana ...something..., and she knows ALOT about vitamins & supplements, since there are several Diana's on that board... I would post this over there & see what kind of replies you get).

Yes, I understand that it is the DS messageboard, but, the sleeve is the first part of the DS.

Good LUCK!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

MARIA F.
on 1/21/11 6:45 am - Athens, GA

I have heard of a few ppl going to Aceves that were previously sleeved by other Drs. He seems to have a very good rep as a revision Dr.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Dianna2
on 1/21/11 1:02 pm - Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Have you thought about switching your VSG to a DS. It has much better long term results and does not have the same regain that hits so many VSG patients. Just something to consider!
Good Luck. I am thinking of you

VSG Maintenance Group Forum        http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/24/11 4:36 am - Mexico
Your original surgeon is in MX last I heard, he was running from the Canadian police for molesting his patients. :o(

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Shanna L.
on 1/24/11 4:52 am - Canada

Thanks for the info. This has nothing to do with me. I was NOT one of these patients, and from what I have heard, he didn't "molest" anyone. These were grown women he was having sexual relationships with. Just because they were overweight, doesn't mean they didn't know what they were doing and with whom. I agree with him having his licence pulled and that he is not able to practice here, but its going nothing to do with how he performed my surgery or anyone elses. He was a FANTASTIC surgeon and did a wonderful job with my surgery. He NEVER made me feel uncomfortable and never tried anything with me or my family. Thanks.

Maybe I will look into him in Mexico.

"When a GIRL is quiet, Millions of things are running in her mind. When a GIRL is not arguing, She is thinking deeply. When a GIRL looks at you with eyes full of questions, She is wondering how long you will be around. When a GIRL answers "i'm fine" after a few seconds, She is not at all fine. When a GIRL stares at you, She is wondering why you are lying. When a GIRL says I love you, She means it. When a GIRL says "i miss you", No one in this world can miss you more than her."
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/24/11 5:23 am - Mexico
I don't know details but I do know he pleaded no contest to sexual abuse accusations.

If you really want to go to him you can likely find him here:

http://www.ambisurgery.com/about-facility.php

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
MsBatt
on 1/25/11 6:40 am
Re-sleeving is rather dangerous, especially if your sleeve tissue has stretched enough to become thin---there's a high risk of leaks, especially if the re-sleeveing will cross the original suture line. In your situation, I'd really be looking at adding the 'switch' to my VSG to make a complete DS. The malabsorption of the DS is the reason it has such good long-term, maintained weight loss.
Most Active