guidance needed

Monique A.
on 1/19/11 10:42 am - NY
highly interested in RNY revision. I have started evaluation. sono sleep study barium swallow endoscopy labs.Does anyone know what is required for revision from insurance plans (generically). Is it the same 6 months documented weights psych  business. my insurer states each case is determined based on medical necessity.  I will likely qaulitify with bmi alone. qualify so what else. how long is the process?
SHEILA4
on 1/19/11 10:51 am - NEWTON, TX
I am in the process of having a revision from the VBG to the ByPass and i have BCBS and they require a 3 month dr assisted diet if medical nessity isn't proven. However alot of insurance companies do not require much if your dr can prove the first surgery was medically not done correct or if you have problems such as me. My band that was placed at the top of my stomache for the type of WL surgery i had and it is  eroded into my stomache. The insurance company is still making me jump thru loops. You can go online and see what the requirments for your insurance company are or you can call them and they will let you know......Hope i have been of some help to you....Good Luck
terilynn112
on 1/20/11 12:12 am - maryland, NY
I was a revision, band to RNY, and had to go thru most of the same bumps everyone does.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Monique A.
on 1/20/11 9:31 am - NY
THx for the reply
I do have empire govermental plan surgical benefits are thru United healthcare. I called insurer they seem a bit foggy as far as the requirements and this is why I think its a minimun 6 mo process. The rep explained it must be medically necessary. 
 I have maintained a 100lbs weight loss for 4years. I have regained 20lbs prior to getting pregnant. lost all pregnancy weight which was only 14 lbs. I just wanna get to a normal weight BMI is now 40. Urrgh that is so frustrating to even write. THx ladies. I keep u posting will be getting my sleep test done tomorow. already completed abd sono barium swallow labs. I have endoscopy scheduled for feb 4. Alll my family who are getting a wiff of my plans are trying to scare me straight. but they did the same thing for the first wls. idk I am having doubts. Although my first surgical recovery went pretty smooth. I still have wicked hypoglycemic events when I eats too many carbs. but not often.
idk will that get worse after revision? i will def ask the surgeon. will keep u posted.
Most Active