Not Happy

SHEILA4
on 1/19/11 10:20 am - NEWTON, TX

Ok anybody ever had the insurance company want to know if your prior WL surgery was coveraed by insurance. They are also wanting documentation of the diet and exercise plan i followed after my first surgery which was over 11yrs ago. This kind of information is not available Dr's offices and hospitals purge there medical records about every 7 yrs or so.....If anybody has any info i would appreciate it ......Gonna post on revision forum also.....God Bless
_rebecca
on 1/19/11 10:55 am, edited 1/19/11 10:56 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Mine never asked.  I would get your policy and look over how revision is covered on your policy.  If your insurance company has that one surgery in a lifetime rule they may just be checking to make sure they didn't cover your surgery before.  I wish you the best!
MARIA F.
on 1/21/11 6:52 am - Athens, GA
Not sure about that but just wanted to say good luck with the revision!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Amanda S.
on 1/22/11 1:54 pm - Fairfield, OH
Aetna's requirements for repeat bariatric surgery states that the original surgery had to have been considered medically necessary. I took that to mean that I had to had mean that my insurance paid for it b/c it was medically necessary. I'm not sure if that's similar to what you're saying.
Sidonia B.
on 1/23/11 4:08 am
i too have problems with my insurance covering my convertion... they denied me and i have problems with my asophicus and they don't want to pay for it.. they said that i need to go and see nutriotionists and excersice... my doctor is fighting with the insurance company saying that i need to have the surgery... i was suppose to have surgery this tuesday the 25 and two weeks prior to surgery they denied me twice... i had a melt down.... im just hoping that my doctor can get thru the insurance company soon....
Most Active