Frustration with Dr. office

kim W.
on 1/18/11 12:52 am - west des moines, IA
I have been seeing Dr. Anthone to do a revision fr RNY to ERNY, hernia repair and a panni removal.
So I saw them in Dec and we talked about my issues and said that since my insurance changes at the first of the year that we would submit then. Well never heard anything about my Upper GI results and still don't know if they submitted to insurance.
I called two weeks ago, left messages for Dr and for insurance, never heard back. Called at end of week. Still no word back.
Called last Monday and finally got a call back from Dr. We talked about what we needed to do and the results of Upper GI. Then called back to talk with insurance. Had to leave message again. Still no word back. So called Friday. no call back Grrrrrr
Then this Monday left message on main voice mail about not getting called back.
Finally got called back Monday afternoon from insurance lady to tell me she sent my information to the wrong insurance company. So again had to tell her that I had a different insurance for the year. She magical can not find the insurance print out or the form I filled out when I first saw them. Had to fax this to them again. Then a lady calls to tell me Aenta requires us to do a 6 month diet.....Oh I was about to kill someone....Had to tell her that I was a revision and that I had complications that is why I am having the surgery.......

I am really wondering if they are reading anything or just making calls to people to **** them off and make me feel like they dont care at all.....

Start-Revision RNY 02/17/2012- 402#, 2 months- down 55 #, 3 months-339

100togo4me
on 1/18/11 10:31 am
I don't find it wise to trust the surgeon's office about benefits because you can check yourself. That was one of the traps I fell in to. Office said do XYZ, Aetna said naw, we don't need that. In my case, it was just a way to scam me for more money by "requiring" more services performed by the surgeon before I caught on. Anyway, with Aetna, you might be able to get pre-certified prior to completing the requirements. In that case, Aetna would tenatively approve your surgeryr under the premise you would complete Aetna's requirements. Your plan may have a special phone number for pre-cert.

Also, Aetna has options; according to one of their CPB's. Look at Item C.
http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/100_199/0157.html

Good luck. You can also contact Aetna directly; they may be able to tell you who has communicated them, why, and the result. Theoretically, they log every communication.

Good luck. I have Aetna too.
Most Active