Need Some Encouragement or a Penpal

Spacely StarKiller
on 1/16/11 5:27 am - Montreal, Canada
I am looking into revision myself and finding this process extremely difficult. My RNY surgeon (done in 2006) hadn't been very helpful and had told me that he was disappointed I hadn't lost more weight. (SW 360+ LW 235) A year after surgery I got really sick and went undiagnosed with a thyroid problem for 3 years. I was on a lot of different medication and became  very depressed. I am currently 295lbs and horrified.

I found another surgeon who is contemplating revision, I need to go for a few tests first. Any posetive feedback on revision and how I'm not crazy for needing it would be more than welcomed.

-Serena

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

sweetdarling_ab
on 1/16/11 7:35 am - Calgary, Canada
Hi Serena,
i know u must feel discouraged. It may help to know you are not alone.its actaully quite common to regain. In edmonton they even have a revision section...i think if it was not common that would not be done. Thiroid is a huge issue for weight gain even in someone who has no health issues. I would love to have a ds, but not sure if its gona happen since it is not done in alberta. But i myself have regained. i have lost a 22 pounds from weigh****chers and have been doing atkins phase one to boost the standstills...when i do atkins i see how addicted i am to carbs..but i also am learning how refined foods can make us crave and crave and never feel full...if u can do a revisoon with agreat surgeon i would definately do it keep your chin up Dawn
Spacely StarKiller
on 1/16/11 10:39 am - Montreal, Canada
Aw thank you so much for your response Dawn. It's been a while since I've been on this board. I find there is always someone here that is going through the same thing and I appreciate you taking a few minutes to respond.

-Serena

Serenity Prayer

100togo4me
on 1/18/11 10:52 am
Nothing in your posts suggests you are crazy. In fact, your post suggests someone who has spent a lot of time, money, and good old-fashioned hard work just getting to and through the first surgery. You also sound like someone who is spectacularly self-aware and in tune with her own body, and confident enough in herself and her smarts to acknowledge difficult and painful feelings like depression and body image issues.

It sounds to me like you know what you want to do, you want to lose the weight and both you and your surgeon are contemplating revision. It is up to you to decide if revision is the way you want to go, but I have full confidence in you that you will make a decision that you can live with and be pleased with, no matter how difficult the work to achieve that decision is.

I'm on your side, but I am also behind you rootin' for ya. And if you struggle and need a friend, I'll be here in front of you for you. Good luck!
Spacely StarKiller
on 1/19/11 5:05 am - Montreal, Canada
aw thank you. It's just been so rough. Having read that almost brought me to tears!

Serenity Prayer

Hollydawn
on 1/22/11 10:51 am
Hi Serena, I am sorry you are going through such a tough time.  I am not sure but have you tried to contact Dr. Ganger. He is one of the best DS surgeons in North America. I am not sure if he does revisions but you should contact him and I bet he could help or give you a name of a reputable surgeon who does revisions. He is located in Montreal but I heard he will be out of town for the month of February. Good luck and if you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to PM and I will be glad to talk to you.
Holly 

Most Active