Calling all Revision Smokers (light, moderate, heavy) input please

VBG_1998
on 1/15/11 4:39 am
A question, how many of you that have had revision surgeries smoke? If so, how much?

I got an interesting letter today from a surgeon's office and wanted others input on this subject. I'll share more after I see what people's responses are.

Thanks.
Lynn C
on 1/15/11 11:51 am
I had to quit smoking for my original surgery, where revisionn already carries 3 times the risk I doubt any doctor would want to work on a smoker unless it was an emergency and they had no choice. 

smoking delays healing which could be very dangerous in a revision. Good luck, try Chantix - it was great.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Rachelena
on 1/15/11 2:33 pm - Hicksville, NY
VSG on 10/18/10 with
 I am a smoker... had to quit... well rather I was supposed to quit. I was freaking out so badly the night before my surgery I had one.... I was a pack a day smoker but now I am a pack every 3 days or so.... 

Looking for a great time in NY! Come to the OH Long Island Conference 2011! Use Coupon Code LebowitzNY11 for $30 off and a free t-shirt and tote bag! All proceeds will be donated to the OAC
Bariatric Revisionary

Most Active