any dr. herron patients out there

randy S.
on 1/15/11 3:11 pm - brooklyn, NY
Anybody have a revision with Dr, Herron?  Now that Dr. Greenbaum is probably not going to be doing my ds (he wants to do the erny- yuk) I am looking into other options here in New York.  I will go out of town if necessary, I get that, but after care becomes an issue with such a complicated surgery.  If nothing pans out here I think my best choice is Gagner in Canada.  He seems to be the "gold card" in ru-n-y to full ds revisions. ANd he does them closed if possible.
Randy
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/11 3:44 pm - San Jose, CA
To my knowledge, Herron stopped doing the DS at all a few years ago.  If you have heard differently, I'd like to know.

FYI, both Rabkin and Keshishian, who are supremely skilled lap surgeons, only do RNY to DS revisions open.  They feel it is safer that way, I assume given the complexity of putting the stomach back together and THEN doing a sleeve, the extensive adhesions they expect to find and the fact that RNYs are not done consistently, so they have to find the connections.

Good luck, and keep researching.
randy S.
on 1/15/11 10:08 pm - brooklyn, NY
Is Gaganer now off the list cuz he does lap revisions???  My head is spinning from the list of doctors that keep dropping off the revisionist list.
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 12:25 am - San Jose, CA
He's not "off the list" -- but you are forewarned that doing it lap isn't really a reasonable limitation for a revision.  And also be forewarned that it could lead to a two-part revision.  Gagner does a lot more two part surgeries than others, and insisting on him do a lap revision would, I think, increase the odds of ending up waking up with only a sleeve.
randy S.
on 1/16/11 9:05 am - brooklyn, NY
"insisting on him do a lap revision,"  I do not insist any doctor do anything he is not comfortable doing.  I have made it clear to him that I prefer having one surgery but being a mother of 5 children and 2 grandchildren I do not take my health for granted.  SO for this reason I do not dictate what is best for me I just advocate for myself and chose the best doctor there is for the procedure I need.  Then I let them do their job.  Having 4 brothers that are doctors help me understand the mentality of the medical profession out there.  It always helps when they call and check out the doctors credentials after I finish my side of the investigating.
Thank you as always for your concern Diana.
Now I just have to find a doctor that I feel comfortable with doing this extremely difficult surgery.  I really wish I would have done it when Gagner was still at Cornell Hopital here in NY. 
Lisa N.
on 1/19/11 9:41 am - Williston Park, NY
 Dr. Roslin did my revision on 11/29/10. He revised my GBS back to another GBS.  I know he does DS's and Sleeves.  I have lost 54 pounds so far.  He is out of Lenox Hill Hospital.
   Lisa
size6-8in09
on 1/25/11 7:04 am
Hello Michelle:

Was your surgery done open or via Lap?

Thanks
Lisa N.
on 1/29/11 4:51 pm - Williston Park, NY
 It was done Lap. My first RNY was done open.
   Lisa
HerronNH
on 1/19/11 10:58 am - NH
Chocolate already knows this; but Dr herron still does DS and revisions to DS.  He revised me to DS in June 2010 all in the same surgery with zero complications.  He does a revision a week.  He started LAP with me but converted to partial open to deal with the scar tissue all safe and I'm very satisfied with him and his staff.  I think Dr Herron not doing DS is Urban Legand?  There was never any sales pitch not to perform the DS. 
Most Active