RNY Revision Here!

shana lewis
on 1/13/11 11:07 pm - TX
Hello all!
I joined OBH back in 2007-I was 300 pounds when I first got RNY Nov. 21 2007
I lost 100 pounds by Dec. 2008(Yay!) and then we became pregnant with our third child!
Pregnancy was ok- other than having my labor stopped at 33 weeks(NOT fun) but I had a healthy baby girl OCt 21 2009 at 39 weeks....

So, Im getting the RNY revision- Saw my surgeon yesterday and he explained the procedure and why I am now able to eat just about a full meal, I dont dump anymore at all!! I still drink 70- grams of protien daily, but I eat like 8 times a day..Im always hungry!! ARGH!! Ive gained back almost 50 pounds since giving birth and Im not happy...

Ive done the 5 day test-fail
Increased exercise-fail
increaded protien-fail
stopped drinkning 30 mins before and after eating-fail

I have an upper endoscopy scheduled for Monday-to see if what he explained to me has happened- that my small intestine has now become a "new" stomach
He is also removing my old stomach(leaving in about 6 cms) to reduce hunger pains....

They said I should be approved as soon as they get the pics from the appt. on Monday...
I hope so as I am anxious tog et back on the road to WL again!!!!
traci914
on 1/13/11 11:30 pm - Columbus, OH
wow .. I didn't even know that could happen! Good luck - I hope everything works out!!
100togo4me
on 1/14/11 8:39 am
Good luck! I am in a similar position; my pouch is a good size, but the stoma had enlarged (or was never an appropriate size), and the intestines at the stoma have adapted and enlarged. Good luck. I understand about the weight gain during and after pregnancy.
Most Active