Today I see my surgeon

Cheryl N.
on 1/12/11 1:19 am - Des Moines, WA
I will be talking with him about revision... to bypass (no, they don't do sleeve, ds, etc).  I remember hearing him talking about not doing lapbands anymore due to low success.   We talked briefly about this at my last appt. and he seemed to be all for it.

What questions do I need to ask? 

I have not lost a pound since Sept 2009.

I have been bouncing up and down 1-5 lbs

I have been walking everyday, and wii a couple times a week, i went rollerskating last saturday for first time in 30 years and I hurt my knee so I can't work out for now, waiting to see a doc, someone was skating backwards very fast and turned around and didnt have time to stop and grabbed me, which in turn caused me to fall and land VERY HARD on my knee. 

I am tired of my band slamming shut on me usually a few days before period, and during ovulating and no I am not trying for a baby at all.

I am tired of PBing, and when i eat dense protein, I only can do 4-5 bites and then PB, slime, gag, etc.  Yes I do chew thoroughly.
Sometimes I do get stuck on slider foods as well.. it was really hard during the holidays...

Am very sensitive to fills, had one fill in Sept 09, got TOO Tight, unfilled..and didnt have anymore fills until last Sept 10 ... had same problem, and had to have an unfill... and my surgeon does not recommend anymore fills.

I hate my psycho band! 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Hislady
on 1/12/11 4:25 am - Vancouver, WA
Don't have any answers for ya but want to wish you good luck! I'd do most anything to get rid of this useless band so I know how you feel. Hope you are able to get the revision and lose the rest of your weight!
TamaraL
on 1/12/11 7:55 am
THe best advice I can give you is to set down before you go why you want the band removed.  Make sure he understands that you are eating healthy, exercising and all the problems you have had.

I had problems with heart burn, pain, etc

Tamara

Cheryl N.
on 1/12/11 11:37 pm - Des Moines, WA
We talked yesterday, and it is in the works, checking to see if I am covered, which I think i am ...

He knows that I have been struggling .. and it has been almost two years as of 1/28 and I have lost only 65 lbs ....and that I am tired of PBing every month around time of my month .... and he is supportive of all this. 

Will keep you posted!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Most Active