dr. pomp

randy S.
on 1/10/11 12:12 pm - brooklyn, NY
Anyone revise from rny to ds with dr. pomp?  I am soooo down that greenbaum is down on the ds now I have to start looking for competent ds revision Dr here on the east coast.  Maybe it was all meant to be.
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/11 2:16 pm - San Jose, CA

He has become a very conservative DS surgeon -- lately, several of his DS patients have awakened with only sleeves.  I would not personally go to him for a revision - I would not want such high odds I against getting a complete revision in one operation.  I have not heard about this happening with Rabkin or Keshishian, or if it does, it is VERY rare with them.

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/11 2:19 pm - San Jose, CA
You might want to talk to the OP of this thread: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4231127/had-my-surgery- with-Dr-Pomp/,/
airbender
on 1/11/11 8:14 am, edited 1/11/11 8:22 am
I would not go to him for any revisioin of any sort period, especially the 2 most complicated revisions, rny to ds and lap band complications to ds.   while I completely understand that all revision are more complicated and the 2 staged DS is expected in some cases that should be the exception not the common place.  And there is NO reason to make a patient wait a year for the intestinal bypass following the sleeve to finish the DS.  Now that Dr Gagner is gone this has progressively gotten worse.  Dr Roslin is very picky about who he will do a rny to ds, call him to make an appt.  he will tell you upfront and be honest with you.  dont give up on the revision, keep look, hope you find your answer soon
Shawnta H.
on 1/11/11 9:48 am - Ellicott City, MD
Dr. Vanguri in Baltimore, MD.  I am currently fighting my insurance company to have him do my RNY to DS revision.
dana712
on 1/11/11 10:50 am
HI
i decided to travel to Dr. K in california for the revision. I was suppose to go to Dr. Inabnet. I want a one stage procedure not a 2 part surgery.

Dana
100togo4me
on 1/14/11 8:40 am
Keep us posted about that! I am also considering a trip to Dr. K to revise to DS from RNY. Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/11 12:13 pm - San Jose, CA
I'm sure you'll be hearing from BubbleButt/MidWesternGirl or whatever she's calling herself now.  I'm sure she'll try to sell you on staying in AZ and seeing Dr. Husted.  Make sure you do your due diligence first -- if you haven't already, check with people on the DS board.

Dr. Keshishian has excellent outcomes and happy DS revision patients.  And as far as I know, he doesn't try to convince people to have an ERNY instead of a DS.
randy S.
on 4/5/11 11:43 pm - brooklyn, NY

Hi Dana,
What did you decide on in the end for your revision?  Traveling is a ***** but I don't seem to have a choice.  I am looking into maybe going to Pomp in Weill.  If I remember correctly you live in Brooklyn, am I correct?  I also live here and getting major surgery away from home and not having my husband there with me(my sister said she will come).  Someone has to stay home for my 9 and 15 year old.  It seems too much.  Greenbaum will only do a distal on me. Its a long story, but he is out of the pic.  Pomp seemed to be my next choice (he also fellowed with gagner. And say what you want about Gagner, he is an excellent surgeon).  Inanbet does not seem to have enough experience.
Thanks for listening.
Randy

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/11 11:55 pm
Most Active