From Band to Sleeve????

Ratfinkshell
on 1/10/11 8:17 am - Fullerton, CA
So I went to my doc today and as I had already assumed my band is no longer working, somewhere there is a leak, and the doc recommended I have it removed and revised to a gastric sleeve, has anyone else had this done, if so how is the sleeve compared to the band?

HW:263 SW:236 CW: 163 GW:140-150

Revision to sleeve on 03/15/2011 due to broken band

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/10/11 10:40 am - Mexico
On January 10, 2011 at 4:17 PM Pacific Time, Ratfinkshell wrote:
So I went to my doc today and as I had already assumed my band is no longer working, somewhere there is a leak, and the doc recommended I have it removed and revised to a gastric sleeve, has anyone else had this done, if so how is the sleeve compared to the band?

Raises hand.

I revised over 2.5 years ago from band to sleeve and it's without a doubt the best thing I ever did.

Sleeves are like bands that actually work without all the risks and complications.  You have surgery and wave bye bye to your surgeon, you'll never need to see him again.  Get annual labs by your PCP and that is your aftercare and maintenance.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Ratfinkshell
on 1/10/11 12:03 pm - Fullerton, CA
What about recovery time? Is it just the same as the band?

HW:263 SW:236 CW: 163 GW:140-150

Revision to sleeve on 03/15/2011 due to broken band

_rebecca
on 1/22/11 11:13 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Hi there!  I just had my band to sleeve revision about a month ago.  I LOVE my sleeve!  The recovery is a little more difficult at first since your stomach does have a staple line.  You can only do liquids the first two-three weeks and so your energy can get low.  I went back to work at two weeks, but I was very exhausted.  I am doing great though!  I am down 20 pounds!!!  I had all sorts of problems with the band and I am glad to have it gone!!!  At a month out, I feel pretty normal and I have RESTRICTION!  It's awesome.  Let me know if you have any more questions.
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/24/11 4:31 am - Mexico
Recovery is same with band or sleeve.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active