I was approved!

hoping4june
on 1/10/11 5:55 am - MN

I had LapBand in 2008.  I have to give it up due to complications; acid reflux and esophageal ulcers.  Initially, my insurance company approved the removal but not a revision.  My surgeon and I had to write letter of appeal.  I finally heard on Friday the 7th that I was approved for revision surgery.  I feel like I won the lottery for the second time!

"What the caterpillar thought was the end of life, the butterfly realized was just the beginning!"

TamaraL
on 1/10/11 10:59 am
what are u revising to???

T

hoping4june
on 1/10/11 9:40 pm - MN
gastric bypass
"What the caterpillar thought was the end of life, the butterfly realized was just the beginning!"

TamaraL
on 1/11/11 12:29 am
I revised from band to bypass in October.  I love my RNY and wish that I had done the RNY in the first place.  I eat small meals, feel satisfied and am so happy with the surgery.

Tamara

hoping4june
on 1/11/11 1:05 am - MN
So nice to hear!  I wish I had done it in the first place too.  Live and learn, right?
thanks for your reply.

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/11 11:56 pm
congrats!
C J
on 1/12/11 8:17 am - Franklin, MA
I got my band in 07, removed in 08 after complications... revising to RNY any day now and couldn't be happier!!!

I don't know about you but I know that I wasn't 100% compliant with my band (maybe like 80%) I assume it caused by working so hard to lose one pound here and there... I'd get so discouraged and sneak crap past my band. 

Not everyone gets a second chance at this... and I know for sure that a third time is out of the question.  I'm going to be 1,000 % compliant and make this WORK for me no matter what hurdles I am faced with!!!
Most Active