Which Revision will work the best for me

ldbw2675
on 1/9/11 7:44 am - NC
I had my first RNY procedure in 2003, it almost killed me, I was in the hospital 21 days and had a bowel obstruction removed. My original weight was 283lbs. I lost 70lbs and began to regain weight about 2 years out. By 2006 I weighed about 270lbs and I just assumed that the procedure didn't work for me. I had an upper GI and learned that I no longer had a pouch! The tools that were used for my procedure werent the correct ones needed for the procedure and the suture lines burst. I had my pouch reconstructed in December 2006 and I lost about 30lbs. I now weigh 247lbs and I want to loose 100lbs. I want what I never got the first time, my insurance now covers revisions and I want to make the best possible decision to get the best possible results. I have an appointment with the 2nd surgeon on 1/27/11, to discuss my options.

I was considering the ROSE procedure, because it is done through the mouth; however I haven't read anything good about it. Due to the scar tissue that I have from the 1st procedure, a laproscopic surgery isn't possible. If I am going to have to have another open procedure, I am not sure which is the best for me. If anyone out there has a success sorry from the ROSE revision please share it. I look forward to reading something positive about it.
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/11 10:50 am - Bayonne, NJ
No one has had a good outcome with ROSE. The only people who ever posted positive information about it on here were shills - they had only just registered, posted their glowing reviews, and quickly disappeared.

A typical ROSE or Stomaphyx story is that the person loses 20+ lbs on the liquid diet, but as soon as they go back to real food they gain it all back.

Please, look into the DS revision. It works. There aren't many doctors who can (or will) do it, but it's worth it. Go to dsfacts.com to read up on it.

I had RNY in 2003, revised to the DS in Dec. 2009.
ldbw2675
on 1/9/11 11:25 pm - NC
Did the DS Revision work? Did you lose what you wanted to loose that time? What were the side affects?
Ms Shell
on 1/10/11 3:38 am - Hawthorne, CA
I would start to heavily LOOK into the DS (go to their forum) and start asking questions.

So in your 2nd surgery they reconstructed your pouch and you only lost 30lbs?

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/10/11 10:43 am - Mexico
DS!!!!! If you are going to go through the risk of surgery at least get the one that works. DS.

You are right, ROSE is an absolutely waste of time and money.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
airbender
on 1/11/11 8:57 am
do your research, the ROSE will not help you, suggest doing your research to revise to a DS
Monique H.
on 1/11/11 1:30 pm
There is information you can read at dsfacts.com as well as the ds forum. Check out my profile too so you can see out my experiences with revisions. i was revised to ds Oct 15th and have lost 37 pounds. I do trip off of the scale and always feel like this isn't going to work for me, but so far the ds is proving me wrong.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide!
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active