Revision???? Please help? A bit freaked out and scared!!!

Tanja K.
on 1/7/11 4:46 am - Brampton, Canada
Hi,
I have been readin the message board to see if there was any info out there to help me and now I am just more confused, lol. I had RNY on July 2 2009. I have lost 180lbs, I only wanted to lose 150lbs. I have had alot of porblems. I still cannot eat much without throwing it up. I had my surgery done in Canada also. I am now going to another surgeon who is trying to fix me. My original surgeon has refused to do anything for me in a year and a half. The new guy took me in for a scope to try to stretch me. I had had a tare after the surgery (which did heal) then I developed severe ulcers (they are now gone). With all that stuff that I had it was right were the intestines went into my new pouch which has caused severe scaring. The new guy is going to take me in one more time to stretch me with the biggest balloon that he has. He soes not think it will work as the opening is so small and far too much scar tissue. He said that if this does not work he will take me in for a revision. He said that he will have to remove my intestines from where they are now, close that opening and then redirect them into a new spot in my pouch. Has anyone had this done? How big of a surgery is this? The doc said it was major surgery. How long will I be out of commission? Will I lose more weight after this??? I really do not want to lose anymore since I am already down to 120lbs. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a bit freaked out
Thanks
Tanja 
randy S.
on 1/8/11 7:17 am - brooklyn, NY

Dr. Gagner is in Canada.  Look him up and see what he says.  He knows alot.  Not just about the Duodenal Switch, for which he is best know for.
I wish you al the best.  Hope all goes well for you.

Most Active