Second time around

Pamela H.
on 1/5/11 1:44 pm - Birmingham, Al
I am considering having a revision, i had my surgery in 2003, and i kept it off for about five years now i have gained half of it back, I am upset because i dont  eat alot, and i dont eat sweets, but i never got under two hundred pounds, my lowest weight was 225, if i have a revison i would love to get under that, any advice from some one whom has gone threw this is greatly welcomed.
Debbie M.
on 1/5/11 10:37 pm
Hi Pamela,
I had a similar situation although I gained back all of my weight and didn't keep it off as long as you did.  But I found myself in a similar situation when it came to eating.  No matter what I ate, weight came on, it was both frustrating and heartbreaking. 

I had a revision from an RNY to DS in February 2010.  I've gone from 358 to 201 since then and am very happy with the quality and types of food I can eat.  This is a much more normal way of life for me, don't feel like I'm dieting.

Please feel free to check out my profile, I hope you find it helpful. 

If you're considering a revision to a DS you might also want to check out www.dsfacts.com.

Best of luck, lots to think about.

Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Pamela H.
on 1/12/11 11:52 am - Birmingham, Al
Thanks Debbie, the Doctor i am using this time is very good, he specializes in revisions, at this point i am waiting, they are looking over my records, at this point i am a little shook, about going under the knife again, but if i am approved i am going for it.
Most Active