Looing into a revision

Willow12763
on 1/3/11 8:02 am - NY
Hello All,
Just noticed this board now that I am looking into a revision. Going to be calling my surgeons office tomorrow to make an appt. I am just dreading this whole procedure and pretesting that comes with it.

Some info on my.....I had my RNY on June 6, 2005, lost 140 lbs but regained 80 lbs back. Not sure what I will do but looking into the Rose procedure. I do not want to do the band over RNY that they are doing now. I know there was many problems with that as well. I guess I will just have to see what the surgeon says.

~hugs~
Debra P.

RNY 6/6/2005, Surgery weight was 290 lbs
Lost 140 Lbs (down to 150 lbs)
Regained 80 lbs (back to 230 lbs)

Re-lost 7 lbs (now 223 3/3/11 and moving down )   
Ladytazz
on 1/3/11 8:05 am
Don't waste your time with the Rose procedure or the Stomaphyx. No one has reported any long term success with those procedures. The most effective revision is to the DS. It is a difficult procedure to perform and there are only a handful of surgeons that do a RNY to DS revision but it has the best long term success.
Willow12763
on 1/3/11 8:33 am - NY
Thanks for the info, I dont really know that much about the DS revision but I will read into it before I go see him. I know the Stomaphyx did not have much good reviews but I heard the Rose was better but will have to read on it more.

Thanks again for your input!
Debra P.

VBG_1998
on 1/3/11 9:27 am
What is the Rose or the Stomaphyx procedure?  I haven't heard of either of them.
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/3/11 10:24 am - Mexico
On January 3, 2011 at 5:27 PM Pacific Time, VBG_1998 wrote:
What is the Rose or the Stomaphyx procedure?  I haven't heard of either of them.

It's for bypass patients with a dilated pouch:

health.ucsd.edu/specialties/obesity/surgery/bypass-revision.htm

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/3/11 10:23 am - Mexico
Are you going to Dr. Garber? He's going to push ROSE on you and honestly, it does not work. In the 4 years I have been posting on OH I haven't seen a single person that didn't have the same experience. They lose 20# on the post op diet and as soon as they eat solids they regain.

When he pushes ROSE on you ask him for 10 patients that it's worked for long term, maybe a year post op. Talk to them yourself and see what you think. I don't think he'll have 10 happy references to give you.

Willow12763
on 1/4/11 1:13 am - NY
Yes he was my surgeon for the RNY......That is a good idea, asking for the people though I do not think that procedure has been around all that long so I guess that is a problem! Thanks so much for the input with this.
Debra P.

WASaBubbleButt
on 1/4/11 1:19 am - Mexico
On January 4, 2011 at 9:13 AM Pacific Time, Willow12763 wrote:
Yes he was my surgeon for the RNY......That is a good idea, asking for the people though I do not think that procedure has been around all that long so I guess that is a problem! Thanks so much for the input with this.

Ohhhhh, there are plenty that have posted right here on these boards.  Just look through thread titles and see for yourself, not a single successful person with that procedure type.

Willow12763
on 1/4/11 7:38 am - NY
I will look around more, thanks again........
Debra P.

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/11 8:57 am - Bayonne, NJ
Seriously, Willow, don't waste your money. It doesn't work and insurance won't cover it because it doesn't work. There are lots of threads further back on the revision board where people talked about getting it. The only really positive posts were from fake patients - people who suddenly registered out of nowhere, had no OH history, and came straight to the revision board to give a glorious review.

The real people who fell for the procedure were so disappointed. It's terrible.

I'd see other surgeons just to get a comparison. Don't settle.
Most Active