4 yrs out. want revision...advise please

tkgarner99
on 1/2/11 11:30 pm - VA
My sotry is i had RNY in 2007 and got down to 113 lbs. i am now up to 146. 33 lbs gain in the last 1 1/2. I am so upset. I drink my water and get in my protein. but lately i am hungry all the time and some days i can eat an entire sandwich and other days i can only eat 1/2. I swore i would never put the weight back on and now look its coming back. I now live in Florida and want a revision but iam not sure what can be done since i did have the RNY.  I feel like such a failure. It is mentally killing me and my family doesnt seem to understand at all. Anyone else in the same boat as me? What should I do?
This is me 4-27-07, just 3 days before my surgery. 201 lbs    
Ladytazz
on 1/3/11 5:02 am
I don't think you have gained enough for insurance to pay for a revision. Have you gone back to your surgeon? He can test you and see if your surgery is holding up or if there are any mechanical problems. If there are you may be able to get a revision that way.
How is your eating? You mentioned eating sandwiches. Many people have problems with refined carbs. You can try going back to what worked in the beginning to help you lose all that weight. Protein first, at least 60 grams or more a day. At least 64 oz of water. Avoid refined carbs and get in exercise.
Give it a try and see if that helps.
tkgarner99
on 1/3/11 7:04 am - VA
Thank you for ur response. I now live in Florida and have contacted a doctor out here. So far i had a bunch of lab work and an upper gi done. I am waiting on the results before i see him. Since i am only 4'10 inches tall my bmi is now at  31. I am trying to do the 5 day pouch test as of today but my head is killing me so hopefully i get pass this soon.
This is me 4-27-07, just 3 days before my surgery. 201 lbs    
bhyde1954
on 1/3/11 12:10 pm - TX
I had The Molina Band put on in Sept. of 2002. It has caused me alot of esophageal problems. This Thursday I am going to see Dr. Garth Davis in Houston, Texas to see if he can take it off & possibly have Gastric Bypass Surgery also. I understand when you have it removed you will gain back alot of weight very quickly. I have heard of some gaining as much as 70 lbs in several months. Has anyone ever had a Molina Band removed? I had it done in Houston, Texas by Dr. Marcel Molina. Since he has passed away.
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/3/11 1:21 pm - Mexico
On January 3, 2011 at 8:10 PM Pacific Time, bhyde1954 wrote:
I had The Molina Band put on in Sept. of 2002. It has caused me alot of esophageal problems. This Thursday I am going to see Dr. Garth Davis in Houston, Texas to see if he can take it off & possibly have Gastric Bypass Surgery also. I understand when you have it removed you will gain back alot of weight very quickly. I have heard of some gaining as much as 70 lbs in several months. Has anyone ever had a Molina Band removed? I had it done in Houston, Texas by Dr. Marcel Molina. Since he has passed away.

Lots of Molina band failures and it's a really hard surgery to revise.  He used a mesh that makes staple lines tough to do.  Bypass is usually the only revision most docs feel comfortable doing.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Sidonia B.
on 1/6/11 3:44 am
i have a band and i also put on 40 pounds and now i have problem with my asophicus and i also have H polori bacteria... i am geting my band removed and doing the bypass my doctor said it would be my best bet
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/6/11 6:10 am - Mexico
On January 6, 2011 at 11:44 AM Pacific Time, sidonia34 wrote:
i have a band and i also put on 40 pounds and now i have problem with my asophicus and i also have H polori bacteria... i am geting my band removed and doing the bypass my doctor said it would be my best bet

H Pylori is really easy to treat usually.  Yes yes yes, if you have esophageal problems get the band out, I waited to long and pay the price for it daily.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active