rivison rny.. weight gain

deborah Husted
on 1/2/11 11:02 am - painted post, ny
I was hurt  and regainda lot of weight,, really down and feeling  maybe im not worth it,,,???
HELP!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/11 11:12 pm
I am sorry you are feeling down on yourself, but don't give up help is available. 

Contact your wls surgeon and discuss your options with him regarding a revision.  You don't have to suffer alone, that's what your medical team is for.  When I noticed I gained just a few pounds I started freaking out and I reached out to my surgeon his staff.  I am scheduled for a revision in February 2011. 

Don't wait any longer, reach out to your doctor.

Good Luck.

Sherline
Willow12763
on 1/3/11 7:41 am - NY
I am in the same boat, I had my RNY on June 6, 2005 and lost 140 lbs but regained 80 lbs back. I am calling my surgeons office tomorrow and making a new appt to see what my options are at this point. I am not sure I want to do the full RNY again but will see what else is out there that might work for me.

I know the down feelings that go along with this and being here for me was hard, seeing all the people doing great is hard when you feel like your on the outside and having to relive this ALL OVER AGAIN!

WE ARE WIORTH it and we can make these changes! Know this!
Debra P.

RNY 6/6/2005, Surgery weight was 290 lbs
Lost 140 Lbs (down to 150 lbs)
Regained 80 lbs (back to 230 lbs)

Re-lost 7 lbs (now 223 3/3/11 and moving down )   
sosoclark
on 1/3/11 11:25 pm - Sacramento, CA
Hi there,

I just had revision surgery on the 8th of last month from RNY to DS revision. Trust me you are worth it and deserve to be healthy. Please look into all of your options when considering a revision.

Sophia

prosperiti
on 1/4/11 1:20 pm - Taylor , MI
Hi Deborah, now cut that out...you are more than worth it, and you are not alone...I was in a car accident in 2000, broke my ankle, started gaining my weight back in 2002. Very angry, scared, and confused...this revision helped me make a decision, there is some great advice, and people that are sincere and want to help you. I did my research and had my revision, and I am pleased with the results. I had a RNY in 1995, gained back wt in 2002 about 100 of the 200 that I had lost..I have now lost 110 pounds and I feel great, my labs are good and I exercise everyday, something I did not do before...hang in there it works...
Most Active