strange late complication/follow-up surgery

Michelle A.
on 12/31/10 7:54 am - Lincoln, CA
So I had RNY in Feb, 2008.  In March of 2009 I found out I was pregnant and gave birth in December 2009 to a healthy baby girl.  The only thing is that I noticed I could eat A LOT of food.  I just figured I wasn't eating as well as I could have.  I went to see my surgeon and he sent me for  GI just as a precationary measure.  I should mention I was 260 pre-op, got down to 277 and was stll losing when I got prengant and was 205 the day I gave birth and am now resting at 295 but it won't budge.  It ends up that I have this weird hangy thing off of my pouch on the top.  It has created a second pouch and it is 3x the size of my original pouch.  Surgeon said he has only seen this once before.  This is why I am having a hard time losing weight.  Anyways, I go in for lap surgery on the 19th of January to have it stapled off and removed.  He said this should make it like brand new.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything else like this?
_rebecca
on 1/1/11 3:20 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with

Even though I don't have experience with this, I just wanted to say good luck with your surgery and I wish you the best!  Hope you get that small pouch back.  Congrats on your new baby girl!

dawn1234
on 1/2/11 7:12 am
Sounds like candy cane syndrome which is seen in RNY bypass patients. It is due to the incompetency of the orginal surgeon who doesn't connect the pouch and intestines correctly.
Hope they get things figured out for you!
Sending you a hug!
Most Active