So OT not kidding.. but should i feel guilty!!!

Romy J.
on 12/29/10 11:25 am - Spring, TX
Ok.. so i needed opinions...   I am BROKE...  like BROKE.. I have enough to pay the sitter, get gas.. hubby covers all the main bills i cover the food, diapers and the rest....

I called my dr.'s office the other day they overcharged my copay by 5 dollars...  so i left them a message that i didnt want it back.. but please verify...my insurance apply the 5 if i was correct to my next visit or if i had an outstanding lab...?  thats fair right???

Ok.. well the billing dept called me back...  since i gained weight my splurges are on COACH purses..  i have learned to buy them cheap when i get away with it..    Sorry back to my OT...  well the billing dept stated they were sorry blah blah blah they cut out refund check.. blah blah blah and that they have corrected the error so they were cutting a refund for overchages..  in the amount of 385.00   HELLO....

So my quesiton is... should i feel guilty that i think i want to buy a coach bag that cost 358. + tax?????   OMG...  it is patent leather, WHITE... and it has a devider pocket... meaning i could carry my  belongings on one side and baby diaper wipes sippy and snacks on the other.. please oh please should i feel this guilty...  

ive gained my weight...and once again.. i cry when i try on clothes.. so ive turned to purses... HELP....
263pre    249SW   218CW   220 short term goal!! 
Next GOAL...  199!!

Amanda S.
on 12/30/10 5:37 am - Fairfield, OH
Lol.... I feel your pain. Wouldn't you know I bought a really gorgeous Coach purse last year and returned it within a week. I felt tremendously guilty. I was pregnant, and I thought ...I shouldn't be spending that money on myself. I felt so awful. I ended up spending the money I got back from the bag on other stuff anyway. It depends on HOW broke you are. I feel your pain b/c I'm broke like a joke (except it's a joke that's not funny, lol). If the money is burning a hole in your pocket get some gas cards or gift cards to the grocery store. Then if you're having a rough week with money you will have those.
However, if you can *kinda* afford it......go for it. It's up to you whether you think you should feel guilty or not : )

OR......you can get yourself a GC to a clothes store you want to buy clothes at when you lose the weight....that way when you're a skinny mini you won't have to worry about finding money for new clothes. (I like this solution best : )
MsBatt
on 12/30/10 6:57 am
You're BROKE, and you want to spend $358 on a PURSE??? Honey, that would heat my house for six weeks.

Ever think that buying things like $350 purses is the reason you're broke?
Romy J.
on 12/30/10 7:11 am - Spring, TX
im not that BROKe...   we can pay all our bills on time...  have enough money for diapers and baby food...     and if the 350 was unexpected it didnt actually exist so if i bought the purse the money was actually non existant anyways right???? 
P.S.  this would be my biggest splurge since 2001???  GIMME a break... would ya..   but i did ask for opinions.. !!
Next GOAL...  199!!

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/30/10 11:42 am - Mexico
On December 30, 2010 at 3:11 PM Pacific Time, Romy J. wrote:
im not that BROKe...   we can pay all our bills on time...  have enough money for diapers and baby food...     and if the 350 was unexpected it didnt actually exist so if i bought the purse the money was actually non existant anyways right???? 
P.S.  this would be my biggest splurge since 2001???  GIMME a break... would ya..   but i did ask for opinions.. !!

Your original post started off with this:

~~Ok.. so i needed opinions...   I am BROKE...  like BROKE.. I have enough to pay the sitter, get gas.. hubby covers all the main bills i cover the food, diapers and the rest....~~

And you want to spend $350 on a purse?  You have a child, what about a college fund?  What about an emergency fund?  What about just put the damn money in savings?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Ladytazz
on 12/30/10 3:14 pm, edited 12/30/10 3:15 pm
It is all relative. If I had a million dollars then $350 for a purse is nothing. However, if I am collecting bottles to buy food then spending that much on a purse is crazy. For me, pigs will fly out of my butt before I spent that much money on something that didn't have 4 tires and an engine.
MsBatt
on 12/31/10 3:29 am
On December 30, 2010 at 11:14 PM Pacific Time, Ladytazz wrote:
It is all relative. If I had a million dollars then $350 for a purse is nothing. However, if I am collecting bottles to buy food then spending that much on a purse is crazy. For me, pigs will fly out of my butt before I spent that much money on something that didn't have 4 tires and an engine.

LOL!!!

One time when we were MUCH younger, Donnie 'splurged' and spent $75 on a non-running VW Squareback. He towed it home, changed the spark plugs and oil, tinkered a little, and I wound up driving that car to work for TWO YEARS.
Ladytazz
on 12/31/10 3:32 am
Back in the olden days, when I was a young married, we had a Kirby salesman come to the door and try to sell us a vacuum cleaner.  When I asked the price (in 1981) and he finally admitted it was like $1400 I asked where the key went in because for that amount it better drive me somewhere.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

MsBatt
on 12/31/10 4:17 am
Indeed!!! I've bought many a car for less than $1400. Nearly all of them, in fact. (*grin*)
Romy J.
on 1/2/11 10:44 am - Spring, TX
I think you convinced me that i should go for it...   since im not collecting bottles.. and payday is around the corner...  hummm...  and my bonus from work just came... and we currently HAVE four vehicles and dont need another.. Im going for it!!!!  THANK YOU!!
Next GOAL...  199!!

Most Active