Worried about potassim levels after WLS

SHEILA4
on 12/28/10 9:34 am - NEWTON, TX
I already have trouble with my potassium levels and i am having a revision done from a VBG to a RNY. I have heard of people getting very ill or even death due to potassium levels being to low. Anybody have any information to share with me about this.....Thanks Sheila
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/28/10 11:35 am - Mexico
On December 28, 2010 at 5:34 PM Pacific Time, SHEILA4 wrote:
I already have trouble with my potassium levels and i am having a revision done from a VBG to a RNY. I have heard of people getting very ill or even death due to potassium levels being to low. Anybody have any information to share with me about this.....Thanks Sheila

What if you revise to a surgery type that doesn't mess with potassium?  I don't know about DS but a sleeve shouldn't.

I have a previous coworker friend type person that battles potassium all the time since RNY.  I can't honestly say I know why this is.  She believes it is her RNY.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
SHEILA4
on 12/29/10 6:55 am - NEWTON, TX
My Dr. doen't do the sleeve and my insurance want pay for the sleeve nor the DS. Thanks for the info though. Gonna have my family Dr, change my Blood Pressure meds to a medicine without a diuretic and see if i can get my levels under control. I don't remember having trouble with my levels before the BP meds. I may also have to push myself to eat more foods high in potassium and hope i can continue to eat some of them if i deside to go through with the surgery.....Thanks and how are u doing i think i remember you getting ready to have your surgery are you have just had it. Anyway good luck......
Most Active