Revision tomorrow.. need hospital check list

HeatherInIthaca
on 12/27/10 1:56 am - Brooktondale, NY
HI all... I am having my revision from band to bypass tomorrow morning at 7:45 am.... does anyone have a checklist that I should have when I go to the hospital or even what i should have when I get home??  thanks in advance for your help
TamaraL
on 12/27/10 4:58 am
The only thing I took for my band to bypass revision was chapstick, a change of clothes, house coat.  I walked a lot so I really didn't feel like reading. Watched TV some.  Played on lap top some. 

I would not recommend buying a lot of supplements until you figure out what you are going to like.  Your taste will definetly change with the bypass.  You will probable not like the same things.  I have a protien drink that I love and sometimes I cannot stomach it now.  I need a vanilla or something different.

Tamara

Debbie M.
on 12/27/10 6:03 am
The other thing I felt was important were a pair of tongs and some baby wipes.  I wanted to be as independent as possible in the hospital and those saved me.  Also bring your own socks, slippers, my feet were always cold.

Best of luck,
Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/10 10:50 am - Bayonne, NJ
I couldn't have survived without lip balm.
Willow12763
on 1/3/11 7:57 am - NY
OMG Chaptstick saved my life! I am so glad I had that....everything else was a waste to carry! Everything you really need they give you. Though I did bring my own pillow from home and that was awesome!!! Really like the baby wipe things but I think they might have them there, bringing them would not be bad.
Debra P.

RNY 6/6/2005, Surgery weight was 290 lbs
Lost 140 Lbs (down to 150 lbs)
Regained 80 lbs (back to 230 lbs)

Re-lost 7 lbs (now 223 3/3/11 and moving down )   
Most Active