lapband to sleeve.. is weightloss slow???

Romy J.
on 12/26/10 2:34 pm - Spring, TX
Anyone got an answer for this... whats the post op diet???

Romy
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/10 12:49 am - Bayonne, NJ
Who will be your surgeon? Why hasn't your surgeon answered these questions for you?
Romy J.
on 12/27/10 1:48 am - Spring, TX
we discussed revision... i have gotten approval have not had a pre op done with him... thanks for the concern... i just wanted an answer..
263pre    249SW   218CW   220 short term goal!! 
Next GOAL...  199!!

JOAT30
on 12/27/10 3:39 am
Romy, every doctor has a different pre-op and post-op plan. They all are very similar though. My doctor required me to go on a clear liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery. 1 week after surgery I had to continue on the liquid diet. After 1 week which is where I am now, I am on mushy food. I can eat mashed potatoes, different hot cereals, soft scrambled eggs, different pureed soups.

Your doctor will definately make sure you know what his requirements.

Good luck

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/27/10 5:34 am - Mexico
On December 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM Pacific Time, Romy J. wrote:
Anyone got an answer for this... whats the post op diet???

Romy

Impossible to answer.  We would have to contact your doc and ask him before we could answer. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Romy J.
on 12/27/10 7:12 am - Spring, TX
actually its very possible to answer... just dont know if its the answer my doc would give me...      But thanks for trying...  
Next GOAL...  199!!

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/27/10 7:30 am - Mexico
On December 27, 2010 at 3:12 PM Pacific Time, Romy J. wrote:
actually its very possible to answer... just dont know if its the answer my doc would give me...      But thanks for trying...  

Okay, let me be a mind reader here... I am concentrating, focusing, and hearing your doc's voice in my head.  I'm asking him what his post op diet is and ... I'm getting it... he said to call him and ask.

Some doctors have you on soft foods before you leave the hospital.  Some have you on clear liquids for 4 weeks.  Some have you on milk only for 2 weeks pre op and post op.  Some docs have you on full liquids for 4 weeks and soft for two weeks.

We have NOOOOO idea which one YOUR doctor uses.  So I beg to differ, we really, honestly, sincerely have no freak'en clue which one your doctor prefers.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Romy J.
on 12/27/10 10:43 am - Spring, TX
u can stop anytime you know...you go on because you want to...   i appreciate your reply... i learn that there is diff.  post op diets i was not aware about... thank you for that...  have a great day!
Next GOAL...  199!!

_rebecca
on 1/2/11 1:36 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with

Most doctors have two weeks of liquid diet....This was mine.  The first two days- clear liquids only.  (You are in the hospital anyway and they will only give you jello and broth).  Ask for hot tea if they don't give it to you.  It took away all my nausea.  Then one week of full liquids (yogurt, strainded cream soups, protein shakes, etc).  Then one week of mushies. (mashed potatoes, any food that can be mashed in a blender).   Then I get to start trying soft foods if the doctor approves.

Romy J.
on 1/2/11 1:40 pm - Spring, TX
i think that was my lapband post diet too...  I HATED IT>>> i was so HUNGRY by the end of week two!!!!!  I balled like a baby... in front of my mom... what i would give to do that again.. (she is now gone)   anyways...   

are you up and walking right after surgery becca???   I remember with the band they had me drink water go pee and walk...  right after surgery... how much water can you intake...  is it the same as food.. or are liquids easy???
Next GOAL...  199!!

Most Active