Revision coming in FEB.

Romy J.
on 12/26/10 1:52 pm - Spring, TX
Hi ya'll.

Ok.. so i am now convinced but had to come on here for support.  I need my revision.   I am a failed lapband.. needing the sleeve...  so it doesnt look so severe.. can anyone tell me what it is like after surgery?
How long is the hospital stay?
how long is the surgery?
what type of meals do you eat after same.. liquid, puree , heavy???
how long before return to work?
what are your meals like after...
I can eat everything i mean every part of the cow right now.. so how does this surgery change that???

HELP...  dreamt about surgery all night.. need a dose of reality right now.. thanks.
263pre    249SW   218CW   220 short term goal!! 
Next GOAL...  199!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/10 12:48 am - Bayonne, NJ
May I ask why you're going for the sleeve alone? The lap band and the sleeve are both restrictive procedures without any malabsorption. If you lost weight with the lap band, then the sleeve would also help with weight loss. However, if you had restriction and didn't lose weight, chances are you won't with the sleeve, either.

Your recovery from band to sleeve depends on if you have any complications from the band - any erosion or anything. If not, recovery should be pretty quick. Your doctor can tell you the specific diet, but most people start off with liquids, move to purees and then to regular food.
Most Active