Lap-band to RNY

Kimberley H.
on 12/16/10 8:10 pm - Winston-Salem, NC

Is there someone who had the lap-band removed and had to wait for the stomach to heal before they had the second surgery?

I'm a month along without the band and feel sick to my stomach all the time. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and it went away in time.

StillHopefulinAZ
on 12/17/10 7:24 am
I had the lapband removed and had to wait but did not have the sickness.  It felt a little weird for a couple of weeks but thats about it.  How long do you have to wait?  Will you be having an EGD?
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

TamaraL
on 12/17/10 10:08 am
Okay, I would talk to surgeon some more about these concerns.  Honestly if I was sick to my stomach still I would be afraid to have another surgery until everything calmed down on the inside. 

There was a lady that had her band removed right before I had mine done.  THey went in and did the band removal but did not do the sleeve or duodenal switch but I have never heard of anyone having the nausea that you are having.  Are you sure the band had not eroded??? If so I would want to wait to you are completely healed. 

Tamara

Make a list of questions for surgeon!!!

ButterflyAna
on 12/17/10 11:49 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I was sick from the very beginning with my band. I did not mind so much in the beginning because I was losing weight but after the weight loss stopped and still I was sick it lost it's appeal. I have a severe slip, the insurance is trying to decide what they will pay for. They told me that they would not cover the sleeve but then today they said that they would reevaualte my request and get back to me next week sometime.

My surgeon said that if I do a sleeve conversion that I will have to wait a couple of months while my stomache heals.
When did you get your band?

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

Kimberley H.
on 12/20/10 3:39 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
I hope by March things have settled down a bit.

I'm a veteran. LOL! I had the band done in 2000 during the FDA studies.

Serena1968
on 12/21/10 3:32 am
Hello Kimberly,
On Nov 3rd I had my lapband removed (originally implanted 05-02-08) and while they were in there, I had my Gastric Bypass completed.  Everything done in one shot.  Maybe every doctor and every center is different, but a good question to ask is "why would they want to put your body thru 2 surgeries instead of just one"
Good Luck!
Serena
doz216
on 1/9/11 3:22 pm, edited 1/9/11 3:23 pm
i'm with you. if you're going in there if possible plz do it all i'm waiting for the same surgery i was banded on 23dec08 i hate it !!!!!!!!!! sick with zero weight loss plz pray for a speedy out come (switching out) for me. thx
Charlene B.
on 1/10/11 12:28 am - PA
Hi Serena,
I am having my lapband removed on 03/03/2011 and having Gastric Bypass done at the same time.  I had my Lapband done in 03/04/2007, but have been having issues since 10/05/2009.
If you do not mind me asking? So far how do  you like having the Gastric bypass? Is everything going okay for you?

Thanks

Angela R.
on 12/25/10 12:23 pm - Jewett City, CT
Having my revision done on Jan 3rd. They are taking out my band and doing RNY same time.  Not sure why anyone would have to wait.. Check with doctor or get a second opinion..
Angela 
Revision Surgery from Lapband to Gastric Bypass... 1/3/11
Start 290 / Now 208/oal 180 (Doctor set goal)

Most Active