Scar tissue

Kimberley H.
on 12/14/10 3:07 pm - Winston-Salem, NC

I'm looking into having the RNY at the end of the year. I am very concerned about scar tissue. I have had three laproscopic surgeries and with the band removal surgery I can feel thickening near the suture sights, especially where the port was centered. Could this be an issue with the next surgery?

TamaraL
on 12/15/10 5:51 am
Kim,

When I had my RNY the surgeon removed the port and did all of the surgery with one access but your surgeon will probable cut you on the left side because that is where they do the RNY.  The RNY surgery is better accessed on the left side.

Also When you have the RNY they say to rub the suture site so that the surgical sight does not bind to the tissue and not cause scar tissue.  I did this with both surgeries and did not have any scar tissue

Tamara

Kimberley H.
on 12/15/10 2:46 pm - Winston-Salem, NC

Thanks Tamara!

StillHopefulinAZ
on 12/17/10 7:28 am
The only scar tissue I would worry about would be to your actual stomach.  I have had 3 surgeries now and have scars all over lol.  My dr told me going in that if I had too much scar tissue he would have to do the sleeve, but he has able to do the RNY.  He said there was some scar tissue but he was able to work around it. 
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

ButterflyAna
on 12/20/10 2:08 pm - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
You are so lucky. The ins denied my sleeve twice and it seems like I may not even be able to get the band repaired or RNY. I am so every upset. I feel like crying and I do sometimes. I guess I have to wait until after Christmas to get any answers. The thought of going back to were I was is very overwhelming. I feel so lost right now. Like what is the point, I went through all this **** for what nothing. I have been so sick for almost two years it seems like it was a huge waste of my time. The thought of gaining even a pound back upsets me so much that I can not even think about it.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

Kimberley H.
on 12/20/10 3:44 pm, edited 12/20/10 3:44 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
I am so sorry you are going through this.

I would not give up.

There is a obesity lawyer, Walter Lindstrom(sp) that may be able to help you.

(((hugs))))

StillHopefulinAZ
on 12/21/10 11:24 am
Keep fighting your insurance company.  I am lucky that they approved my revision right away.  They didn't pay for my band, that was self pay for me, so I was also very upset I wasted ALOT of money and pain on it.  I was back at the exact same weight day of my RNY as the day I had my lapband done.  It is very depressing.  Did insurance give you a reason for denying it?
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

ButterflyAna
on 12/22/10 2:22 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
They say the sleeve is not recongized by medicare, and they follow what medicare does. I am just worried they will not okay the RNY, or the repair of the band. My Dr. does not like doing the RNY over the band because of the scar tissue. I am also getting a little scared because one of Dr. Acosta's patients just died because one of her staples popped.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

Most Active