?s for LB revision to RNY

Bucketta
on 12/16/10 3:42 pm
I am revising from LB to RNY on Jan.. 24, 2011 and I can't wait to get rid of this band.  I am not worried about the stoma or the size of my stomach I am worried about the malaborption of the vitamins.  ON the other hand I have complete confidence in my doctor and think/know he will stay on top of things.

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

terilynn112
on 12/16/10 9:10 pm - maryland, NY
terilynn112
on 12/16/10 9:11 pm - maryland, NY
Jacqueline...

I'm with you (your signature), let's fast forward to Jan 24, I'll be nearly two weeks post op.... LOL! Is anyone else (who is pre op), freaking out? I have 25 more days, and the band will no Longer be part of me. Thank the Lord. Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Bucketta
on 12/17/10 12:45 am
Terri,  I had the doctor's nurse, who is also RNY, pick up my vitamins for me, because I live in the sticks and was not sure I could get everything here.  I gave him 50 dollars, I got no change, and he didn't get one of them, which I stopped in got while in Lexington, later that day, I almost passed out when he handed me this shopping bag full of vitamins.  I had hoped for a date of Jan. 5th that is what me and the doctor wanted but they couldn't make it happen. 

Another thing I am scared of, actually two and these are probably the things that bother me the most.  My father is 88 years old, I am his soul caretaker, he has alzheimer's and has been getting really bad since Thanksgiving.  I am scared he will die while I am gone, although my sister that is going to be with him is perfectly able to take care of him and many times she does better getting him to do things that I do.  The other is I not going to have any family with me on the day of my surgery or any time for that matter.  We sked my other sister if she would sit with dad that day and she flat out said, 'NO."  We really didn't expect anything different but it just seems so cruel and it showed me what she thinks of me. 

I will quit venting.  Good luck with your surgery.

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

terilynn112
on 12/17/10 3:38 am - maryland, NY
Please feel free... I'm also the part time care giver of my father who also has alzheimers. Not afraid he'll die or anything... more scared he and my mom will fair poorly. My dad is 70, this coming may. He's taken a bad turn since thanksgiving too. He's only been diagnosed since May 2010. I too will not have family with me. My family will be taking care of my children. I have a 14 yr old and twin almost 5 yr olds. One of the almost 5 yr olds is very disabled. He's got cerebral palsy. My biggest fears revolve around him. How will we cope those first weeks? Will my dad be able to help out as much as we planned. Will my family have issues keeping them those first days. Thankfully they're all in school full time, so it's a matter of getting thru the pre hours and after hours of school. My teenager can move the 5 yr old good, so I will have that support. But I'm hear to listen. If you want we can privately email each other, but I'll leave that door open for you.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Most Active