Revision after tummy tuck

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/10 7:29 am
Have anyone had a revision after having a tummy tuck and breast lift/w augmentation?  I had my tt 16 months ago and I have gained six lbs.  When I have my revision in February I am hoping my tt will stay tight.

Thank you.

Sherline
Ladytazz
on 12/13/10 7:55 am
What kind of revision are you getting?
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/13/10 7:56 am - Mexico
On December 13, 2010 at 3:29 PM Pacific Time, sherline1 wrote:
Have anyone had a revision after having a tummy tuck and breast lift/w augmentation?  I had my tt 16 months ago and I have gained six lbs.  When I have my revision in February I am hoping my tt will stay tight.

Thank you.

Sherline

Am I understanding you correctly?  You are revising to another surgery type because you gained 6#?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/10 11:11 pm
You know, we hear/read people saying all the time; "I am gaining weight even though I eat right and exercises all the time and the scale is steady moving upward!"  Well that's were I am and before I sit down and let it get out of hand I have chosen to find out the reasons for this.

I am glad that I found out six pounds later instead of 60 pounds later that this cannot be controlled by me cutting back more calories (I eat 1000-1200 calories).  I am grateful to my doctor for taking the time out to listen to my concerns and finding out what is happening.

I know to many people weighing 156 is a dream, but I never reached my goal of 138.  I was willing to accept 150 as my weight, but even with that I had to work hard at maintaining.  Now the scale is creeping up and I know that shouldn't be the case. 

My surgeon is going to make my opening smaller, he is not touching my pouch, because it's still the size of a small lemon.

Sherline
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/13/10 11:54 pm - Mexico
On December 14, 2010 at 7:11 AM Pacific Time, sherline1 wrote:
You know, we hear/read people saying all the time; "I am gaining weight even though I eat right and exercises all the time and the scale is steady moving upward!"  Well that's were I am and before I sit down and let it get out of hand I have chosen to find out the reasons for this.

I am glad that I found out six pounds later instead of 60 pounds later that this cannot be controlled by me cutting back more calories (I eat 1000-1200 calories).  I am grateful to my doctor for taking the time out to listen to my concerns and finding out what is happening.

I know to many people weighing 156 is a dream, but I never reached my goal of 138.  I was willing to accept 150 as my weight, but even with that I had to work hard at maintaining.  Now the scale is creeping up and I know that shouldn't be the case. 

My surgeon is going to make my opening smaller, he is not touching my pouch, because it's still the size of a small lemon.

Sherline

Oh, I am not suggesting you wait for 60# before revising.  I revised with a BMI of 20.8. ;o)  I get that.

I didn't realize you have a mechanical problem that needs to be fixed, that puts a whole new light on the topic.  I thought you were talking about something such as revising from RNY to DS due to 6#. A mechanical problem clearly needs to be fixed.

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/10 12:51 am
Thank you for understanding.  What kind of revision did you have.

Sherline
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/14/10 1:22 am - Mexico
On December 14, 2010 at 8:51 AM Pacific Time, sherline1 wrote:
Thank you for understanding.  What kind of revision did you have.

Sherline

Band to sleeve.  Hated the band, love my sleeve!

Ladytazz
on 12/14/10 4:06 am
Just curious.  How is making your stoma smaller going to help you lose weight?  If you are only eating 1000 to 1200 calories a day even with your stoma being enlarged will it help you eat less?  It won't change your metabolism.  I can understand revising to a DS so you would malabsorb more but since you aren't overeating as it is how will it help you?  Not putting you down, just trying to understand.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

snedly318
on 12/14/10 10:43 pm - Mine Hill, NJ
I have had two revisions since abdominoplasty and breast lift.  Revision hasn't affected breast lift but has significantly scarred up the abdomen, but still flatter in the front!!!
Snedly318
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/10 11:45 pm

Did you have an open revision or laparoscopic revision.  Are the scarring from the revision incision or weight loss (please say revision incision)?  Have your muscles remain tight?

Thank you so much for responding, I really need to know this before hand.

Sherline
Most Active