does anyone know how long their revision surgery was?

CatChick1964
on 12/18/10 1:32 am - SC
On December 16, 2010 at 2:41 AM Pacific Time, Bobbie D. wrote:
Open VBG to RNY for me was 5.5 hours and was said to have gone better than expected.
Wow, Bobbie.  I'm probably having the same surgery.  Except my surgeon is going to attempt an Anastomisis at the stapled site first.  So I guess I can anticipate longer than 5 hours, huh?  That's a bit scary.
Bobbie D.
on 12/18/10 3:52 am
Wow, good luck to you. I don't even know what that is, but it does sound like a more complicated procedure than mine. I see the answers were very different all across the board.

sosoclark
on 12/17/10 12:13 am - Sacramento, CA
2 hours

JOAT30
on 12/19/10 12:33 pm
Hey guys...thanks for all the responses. I had the Lapband to RNY. It took about 2 hours...the doctor was orignally expecting 4 hours, but he says it's one of the best revisions he's done.

Valerieb09
on 12/23/10 10:40 am - Seacoast, NH
Not that it matters much now but my lapband to RNY revision was 5 hours long...I had to have an unbilical hernia repaired and major adhesions removed from having my right kidney out 7 years ago for cancer.  It was a difficult surgery but I knew I was in good hands as my surgeon has done a fair number of revisions of this type.  He is now doing the VSG...the Brigham & Women's Hospital is a teaching hospital and one of the top five hospitals in the country.

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

Amyiable
on 12/23/10 11:39 am

My revision surgery was 5 hrs with an open cut.  I too had a lot of adhesions.  Best to you.
Amy

Amyiable ----  Revised again on 12/9/10 
My 16 oz pouch was VSG'd & stoma narrowed to1.2 cm diameter.  Slight changes to limb lengths, to align with DS  (Total sm bowel = 700 cm, alimentary limb = 275 cm, and common channel set at 75cm)  

Highest 325/Weight at revision 241/Current ???/Goal 150

Most Active