Revision to my WLS

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/10 10:36 pm
I had the gastric bypass July 2008 and lost 90 lbs.  I never reached my goal of 138 lbs which was heartbreaking, but I never really stressed over it because I was healthy.

This year I had two scopes done because I eat right and started gaining weight.  I dump on everything so I knew gaining weight was wrong.  Anyway, the scopes showed my opening was too large but my pouch is still the size of a small lemon.  Long story short, because the opening is large I am able to ingest a lot more food before my pouch register it's fullness.

So, I am having a revision done to my bypass, he's going to make the opening to my pouch small.  Have anyone else had this done or something similar?  What was your results like?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Sherline
rron999
on 12/13/10 1:59 am - Victorville, CA
not yet...in the proceess now of doing a revision. I had the rny done in 2005..my surgeon did the same thing scoped me,and found my opening was about 2.3 centimeters too bif,but my pouch was still the sdame size. he is going to do a procedure that is like a band patient..
aqtnsc
on 12/13/10 4:35 am
Sherline I had my RNY in July 07 and stopped losing weight in May 08. My doctor found the same thing that you are going through is the same problem that I have. My opening will be tightened and I will have an ERNY Dec. 21st. I am nervous but excited.  Best of luck to you!
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/10 4:46 am
Good luck with your upcoming surgery.  Please keep me posted regarding your recovery, my surgery is scheduled for February 24, 2011.
Monique H.
on 12/13/10 4:53 am
Hey Sherline,
Please don't be offended when I ask you this, but have you researched all of your choices before deciding to go for an ERNY? I've seen quite a few people lately having to have another revision because of the difficulty they were having from that procedure.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/10 5:18 am
I went to my surgeon on Friday and I expressed to him that I wasn't happy with my opening being so large.  My surgeon explained he can do a procedure to make my opening the same it originally were which is what I wanted.

I will meet with him again on Saturday and I will ask about other procedures such as the DS.  I'm really not familiar with other wls procedures but I do trust my doctor, so I will go with the procedure he thinks is best.

I am open to any and all suggestions from others and I will ask my doctor on Saturday about other revisions.

Sherline
Monique H.
on 12/13/10 5:33 am
If I were you I'd talk to JRinAZ (I think that is how she has it) and seekinghealthy (may be two words) If I'm not mistaken they both had to be revised to DS after having an ERNY due to serious issues. Until I actually see the results of my DS I won't recommend anything to anyone, but I do try to make sure that the people I come across know that they have more options. I do know that my stoma was wide too and that is a big reason I revised to the ds. Because it was wide my food was going into my intestines which caused my blood sugar levels to shoot up and then they would drop really low really fast. All I can say is hypoglycemia is no joke. Since my revision I haven't had an episode yet which is great AND the weight is slowly but surely coming off. Good luck to you with whatever you decide.

Monique
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active