PRE-OP DIET BEFORE REVISION

JOAT30
on 12/12/10 12:11 pm

Hi All,

I'm new here. I currently have the lapband and have had it for 2 years 9 months with only a 25 lb loss.  I am scheduled for a RNY 12/15/10 and am very excited about it.

With my band, my doctor didnt require that I do a pre-op diet, but has required that I do 2 weeks with the RNY. I have to admit that I cheated today with some crackers.

Did anyone else have trouble sticking to their pre-op diet?  Any input is welcome

Thanks,
Jo

terilynn112
on 12/12/10 10:54 pm - maryland, NY
I am going thru the same thing, minus the liquid diet... I have to maintain, and my band is empty... that's what it's been good at maintaining my weight.

Just think ofw hat's coming... I know it's hard. I may attempt a few days prior to my surgery, if I continue to struggle like this. I'm up a few down a few, up a few, down a few.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

JOAT30
on 12/12/10 11:36 pm

Thanks...I'm trying to stay strong.  1 more full day to go.  Wishing you luck when you get there.

TamaraL
on 12/12/10 11:56 pm
I was supposed to do pre op diet of low carb slim fast, sugar free popscicles, v8 juice, chicken broth for 10 days.  I did okay the first few days then slacked off.  The last 4-5 days I was absolutely perfect.  They need your body cleansed and remember this is to shrink the liver so the next few days are extremely important to be good.

Tamara

JOAT30
on 12/13/10 12:00 am
I will Tamara...only 2 more days. It was easy at the beginning, but has been difficult these last few days.

Most Active