Revision on 12/21

aqtnsc
on 12/9/10 6:54 am
Hello to all! i haven't posted in a long time but I have been lurking on the board. Last November I started the ball rolling to have a revision and was scheduled to have a DS with Dr. Greenbaum this past July. Long story short, a few weeks before I was scheduled to go to NJ to have surgery Dr. G. decided that because of my weight and the risks involved, I would be a better candidate for an ERNY. I trusted his judgement but decided to look in to finding a Dr. that would be willing to do the DS revision on me. I spoke with Dr. K. in California and a few others that were willing to be my doc. However, traveling to the west coast or mid west was simply not an option for me.  Dr. G. and some others all agreed that I could do well with the ERNY so that it was I am going to have done. I've done my research and I've read posts on the ERNY, but I am content with my decision. I am nauseous every day without fail (with or without eating or drinking). Zofran and Phernergan does not help. Tests results show that my anastomosis is much larger than it should be and the Dr. contributes that to my nauseau. Dr. Byrne will make repairs when he does my revision. I am excited about my revision and look forward to my weight loss journey! I hope that all is well with you and yours!
randy S.
on 12/9/10 8:22 am - brooklyn, NY
I want a revision to a ds and dr. g just convinced me to do the erny yesterday.  Why do you think he keeps doing this. I haavent heard great things about the distal bypass.  Why arent you letting Dr, Greenbaum do your erny?  IF you dont mind me asking.
Thanx
aqtnsc
on 12/9/10 8:48 pm
Chocolate,
I don't know why Dr. G. would prefer to do an ERNY on you but for me, my weight was a contributing factor. I have heard good and bad things about the distal as well but I trust that I will do well with mine. I live in SC so I was going to drive all the way to NJ for the DS because Dr. G. is one of the best DS doctors on the east coast. Since I won't be having the DS as planned, I chose to stay closer to home and have an experienced surgeon in SC perform my ERNY.
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/10 6:59 am - Bayonne, NJ
All the best for a quick recovery! My surgery was 12/21 last year, and things worked out well, so I hope that it's a lucky date for you as well!

Sorry things didn't work out with Dr. Greenbaum, but I'm glad you're going with an experienced surgeon near home. All the best!
aqtnsc
on 12/10/10 9:41 am
Thank you so much! I trust Dr. G. and his judgement and I know that he had my best interests at heart. I remember you had your surgery last December but didnt remember the exact date. 12/21 is my daughter's 7th birthday so the date is special on so many levels. Congratulations on your weight loss! You look fabulous! Thank you for always offering support and encouragement to me in this last year. It truly means alot. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Most Active