Did your lap to RNY work??

janice A.
on 12/5/10 9:07 pm - san angelo, TX
HI i am new to this board, my name is Janice. I have a realize band and have been stalled for some time now. I have a couple of medical issues but they are now under control w/ meds. During the time to get my meds right I gained 10lbs. Now i have lost 16lbs somedays only 13lbs (dang water). I am still considered morbidly obesse. at 241. My doc wants me to have a revision to help me loose more weight, it would be to a gastric by pass. I realize tehre are lots more surgeries but this is the one i am looking at. My worry is i have read that most revisions really dont work, but then again I read how many of u have lost your weight.
Just looking for your story about ur revision. I have about 70 more lbs to go.

thank you for your imput.
Janice

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/5/10 9:27 pm - Mexico
On December 6, 2010 at 5:07 AM Pacific Time, janice A. wrote:
HI i am new to this board, my name is Janice. I have a realize band and have been stalled for some time now. I have a couple of medical issues but they are now under control w/ meds. During the time to get my meds right I gained 10lbs. Now i have lost 16lbs somedays only 13lbs (dang water). I am still considered morbidly obesse. at 241. My doc wants me to have a revision to help me loose more weight, it would be to a gastric by pass. I realize tehre are lots more surgeries but this is the one i am looking at. My worry is i have read that most revisions really dont work, but then again I read how many of u have lost your weight.
Just looking for your story about ur revision. I have about 70 more lbs to go.

thank you for your imput.
Janice

Bands and bypass are kind of yesterdays procedures.  Sleeves and DS are todays procedures. Sincerely research them all and see what you think.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
jenncore
on 12/6/10 4:33 am - MA
Hi Janice,

I recently had a revision from lapband to RYN and have done very well. I am almost 5 weeks out and am down about 25 pounds. I have a total of 80 pounds to lose so I would say I'm off to a great start!!!

Research all of your options and find what you think would work best for you!!

Good luck with whatever you choose!!

Jenn
hopingtolose
on 12/6/10 8:12 am - CA
Look into the DS. I have a lapband and was dead set on getting it revised to the RNY until I read the long term results. I had no clue about it until someone on this board told me and now I will be getting it next year. Only surgery I would get.
Good luck
Gina
charleston-mom
on 12/9/10 4:46 am
I had a revision 3 years ago from lapband to RNY. Have lost 175 pounds (100% of excess weight) and stay between 105-108 pounds at almost 5'3" tall. The revision is the best thing I ever did.
Kimberley H.
on 12/10/10 2:59 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
Girl, you are rocking that RNY:)

I'm hoping to get there by March.

Most Active