Hoops for a Cash Pay Revison to Sleeve (slight vent)

jbtcat
on 12/5/10 4:28 pm - Houston, TX
I had a band for 19 month with loss of problems.  I will admit that I have several (5 or more depending how you count) autoimmune diseases and should never had the band.  I was scheduled to have a RnY, but when some blood work came back showing that I might have Lupus my then surgeon would not do a RnY but would do a Lap-Band.  I started having problems with the band 18 days post op.  When my band was removed 12/09 my surgeon told me if I would do his non-surgical WL program he would consider doing a sleeve on me.  He changed his mind.

I found a new surgeon who know of my medical history (give him a copy of my medical resume whi*****luded all my drugs I am on, and most surgeries I have had done and major medical problems).  He agreed to take on my case.

I went to the Emergency Room for sever abdominal discomfort 11 out of 10 in Sept.  I was told to follow up with a GI guy who did a EDG and a colonscopy in Oct.  I was told the new surgeon signed off on the scope.  I go in to schedule my surgey date for Jan (they only schedule one month out) and find out I have to do another EDG by the new surgeon before I can set up a date. 

I am getting tired of all the hoops.  My band has been out for almost a year now.  I do not understand why the scope done in Oct would not work.  At the time the new surgeon said that I would not need to do an EDG, but now I have to ???  I also find out that he will be out for more than a week in Jan when I was hoping to have surgery.  I have vacation scheduled for the last two weeks of Jan I was planning on using. 

I though Cash Pay - you did not have to wait or go though all the hoops.  I still did a 6 month supervise diet, a new phsy eval (the one I use leads one of the support groups I go to, so she already knew me- in fact she did my original one back in '08).  Now I am having to do all these extra test - hey at least insurance is paying for the testing, just not the surgery or related expenses.
Sandy
Banded 5/30/08, removed 12/29/09, Sleeved 1/18/11
Highest/Consult/Surgery/Band Removal/Regain/Current/Goal
 360+    329       287       265           288     245     ?140?

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/5/10 9:33 pm - Mexico
On December 6, 2010 at 12:28 AM Pacific Time, jbtcat wrote:
I had a band for 19 month with loss of problems.  I will admit that I have several (5 or more depending how you count) autoimmune diseases and should never had the band.  I was scheduled to have a RnY, but when some blood work came back showing that I might have Lupus my then surgeon would not do a RnY but would do a Lap-Band.  I started having problems with the band 18 days post op.  When my band was removed 12/09 my surgeon told me if I would do his non-surgical WL program he would consider doing a sleeve on me.  He changed his mind.

I found a new surgeon who know of my medical history (give him a copy of my medical resume whi*****luded all my drugs I am on, and most surgeries I have had done and major medical problems).  He agreed to take on my case.

I went to the Emergency Room for sever abdominal discomfort 11 out of 10 in Sept.  I was told to follow up with a GI guy who did a EDG and a colonscopy in Oct.  I was told the new surgeon signed off on the scope.  I go in to schedule my surgey date for Jan (they only schedule one month out) and find out I have to do another EDG by the new surgeon before I can set up a date. 

I am getting tired of all the hoops.  My band has been out for almost a year now.  I do not understand why the scope done in Oct would not work.  At the time the new surgeon said that I would not need to do an EDG, but now I have to ???  I also find out that he will be out for more than a week in Jan when I was hoping to have surgery.  I have vacation scheduled for the last two weeks of Jan I was planning on using. 

I though Cash Pay - you did not have to wait or go though all the hoops.  I still did a 6 month supervise diet, a new phsy eval (the one I use leads one of the support groups I go to, so she already knew me- in fact she did my original one back in '08).  Now I am having to do all these extra test - hey at least insurance is paying for the testing, just not the surgery or related expenses.

If you are self pay why in the world aren't you going to MX?  There are some seriously fine surgeons there.  No hoop jumping, longer hospitalization, and skilled/safe surgery.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active