Revision Surgery This Wed.-Getting Nervous

Diane G.
on 12/7/10 2:27 pm - Smithtown, NY
RNY on 07/25/05 with
 I just had a repair/revision on 11/15 and it was absolutely nothing like the original RNY.  Honestly, I have a very high threshold for pain and I cried for at least the first 48 hours that I was in the hospital.  It was absolutely horrible.  I'm not trying to scare you at all, but letting you know the reality of revision surgery.  It is known to be much more painful and more complicated than the original.  

I also developed adhesions extremely quickly and required another surgery on 11/30 to free my abdominal wall from my intestines.  That was nothing.  I can compare that to when I had my gall bladder out...a breeze.  Currently I have 2 infected incision sites that cause excruciating pain.  Sooo, pretty much, my recovery has sucked so far, but I am losing 2 pounds a day.  That's the most enjoyable part of this.  I forgot what the rapid weight loss stage was like and missed it!  I only have 20 more pounds to lose, so I'm almost there.  Didn't really have much to lose before the revision, but the point of my revision was to remove ulcerated tissue.  It had nothing to do with weight loss.  This is just an added bonus.  

Please let us know how it goes!!   Don't be nervous.  Know that you can overcome anything.  
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/7/10 4:36 pm - Mexico

Did you ever find out what surgery type you are getting?  Seriously, this is a big deal.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active