Revision Surgery This Wed.-Getting Nervous

techcoor
on 12/5/10 2:52 am
Hi Everyone,
I just found this site, and not a moment too soon. I had my original gastric bypass on 4/8/02 and am scheduled to have a revision of it on 12/8/10! This Wednesday! I was able to lose 100% of my excess weight the first time around and I'm mortified that I've regained 100 lbs. in the past three years (approx.)  I feel woefully unprepared, haven't even thought about what to bring to the hospital, don't know what to expect pain and recovery wise, and finally, weight loss wise going forward.
I am getting nervous reading some of the posts here, and welcome any recommendations and/or comments.
Thank you in advance!
techcoor

_rebecca
on 12/5/10 3:35 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Good luck...I will be thinking of you.  I am having my revision on Dec. 20.
techcoor
on 12/5/10 10:31 am
Thank you-good luck to you as well. I'll keep checking the board.
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/10 3:51 am - Bayonne, NJ
What type of revision will you be having? I wish you the best with your upcoming surgery.
techcoor
on 12/5/10 9:32 am
This is going to sound ridiculous, but I don't know!! I didn't research the revision options like I did the original bypass vs band. All I told my doctor was that I did not want the band. I did not feel it would work well for me. I am going to call his office tomorrow and find out! Thanks for the well wishes.
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/5/10 9:44 pm - Mexico
On December 5, 2010 at 5:32 PM Pacific Time, techcoor wrote:
This is going to sound ridiculous, but I don't know!! I didn't research the revision options like I did the original bypass vs band. All I told my doctor was that I did not want the band. I did not feel it would work well for me. I am going to call his office tomorrow and find out! Thanks for the well wishes.

WHAT?

You are having a revision to your WLS and you don't know what the hell you are getting?

I have no words.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
dawneb
on 12/5/10 4:05 am - Pacific, WA
I'm also having my revision on Wednesday, band to sleeve. Bring comfy pants to go home in, ear plugs for the hospital, warm socks or slippers, chapstick, your meds, if you're on a cpap-bring that (I am so only reason I thought of it). Good luck to you, I'll see you when we're both done!

Amy W.
on 12/5/10 8:06 am - Hurlburt Field, FL
I just had my revision on December 1st, for me it was pretty much a total repeat of my original surgery. I think knowing what to expect really helped me- I wasn't constantly worried about how this or that would feel. So I actually think think it made the whole thing less stressful and painful during my actual hospital stay .I would pack lightly since you will hardly use any of the few items you do take.  I took a pillow, a few pairs of undergarments, socks and basic bath stuff. I brought my kindle but was really too out of it to ever even get it out of my bag. I did manage to somehow watch a lot of bad reality tv! Congratulations and good luck, its really not so bad!
techcoor
on 12/5/10 9:30 am
Thank you, Amy, I really appreciate the support. Congratulations to you!! I'm worried that I won't have the same results I did the first time-have you heard anything about that? I just wish I hadn't put it back on and I wouldn't even have to go through this again! I am so disappointed in myself for that, but I'm gearing up mentally that this is something I MUST do for myself. All the best to you!
techcoor
on 12/5/10 10:35 am
Thank you, and congratulations to you. I wish you a speedy recovery. How is the pain for you? How long were you in the hospital? Were you able to shower there? Do you have a drain? I am going to be having a drain, so I'm guessing my surgery will be very similar to my original as well.
Most Active