Update on my Band to Sleeve Revision

Michelle F.
on 12/2/10 1:09 am
I've been so scared about my revision and I finally realized that it's not the surgery I was as scared of so much as my surgeon doing it since he's not that experience in this kind of surgery, he's more of a band guy.

I called his office today, told them to hold off on submitting to my insurance because I was going for a second opinion and requested my records, they said no problem.  I honestly do feel soooo much better becuase I know that my gut was telling me that he was not the right surgeon for this revision.  I'm going to a doc who is also at a Center of Excellence, several of my friends have used him for their original surgery with no complications and much success and when I went to their support group, met 3 people who had their band to sleeve revisions done by either him or his partner with no complications.

I feel much better, thanks for listening!
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

LizzieNJ
on 12/2/10 1:34 am
Call me!
Michelle F.
on 12/2/10 3:15 am
Hey you, got your text! Have so much to update you on!

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/2/10 7:46 am - Mexico
I'm glad you are going to someone else. I don't know anything about your surgeon but if it doesn't sit right with you it is wise to pay attention.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Michelle F.
on 12/3/10 5:02 am
I agree.  I really do love my surgeon and would use him if I was going to repair my band but I don't think that's the right thing for me anymore.  I also don't like the fact that he was trying to talk me into fixing my band...I'm not easily swayed into doing something I don't want.  So I'm hoping I like this new doctor, many of his patients have told me he's not warm and fuzzy but he's an excellent surgeon, and that's all I need.  I have warm and fuzzy friends here

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/10 6:47 am - Bayonne, NJ
You're really not that far from Willingboro. Go down to to Dr. Greenbaum. He has so much experience with revisions, and he's done all surgery types.
Michelle F.
on 12/3/10 10:59 am
He's not on my insurance and unfortunately I can't pay out of pocket with a junior in college and another one going in next year

I'd love to get together for coffee one day soon!

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/10 3:50 am - Bayonne, NJ
Ouch! He's not on my new insurance, so I understand.  That stinks. :(  I'm really glad I had Horizon last year.

I would love to get together sometime. I never get down to Dr. Greenbaum's meetings because my orientation is more towards NYC, and I work north of the city, but I am down in Jackson every now and again to visit my MIL. :)
Most Active