Doctor from RNY To VSG

MeAGNL8agn
on 12/1/10 8:40 am - Waynesville, MO
Can any one recommend doctors that are experienced and good at revisions from a RNY to a VSG and their locations?  Thanks.
spybo
on 12/1/10 9:22 am - Houston area, TX
If you are doing it for weight loss reasons, I wouldn't even bother, you will have less weight loss with the sleeve.  If you are doing it for malabsorption problems or eating problems, good luck.  I would only go to a very experienced revision surgeon if you want your RNY taken down.
MeAGNL8agn
on 12/1/10 2:27 pm - Waynesville, MO

I am having extreme malabsorbtion problems and I'm still losing weight 29 months out.  I am more than 30 pounds below goal and it keeps coming off.  I have full blown osteoporosis now with a T score of -3.2. I'm eating right, with few problems and taking all of my vitamins and calcium.  It's starting to get a little scary.  I look like that Beatle Juice character. I do have some other medical issues that may be making it all more complicated.   My internal medicine doc is still running tests, but has mentioned a revision as a posible option.

flucca
on 12/1/10 9:19 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
I had this done in August with Dr. Michel Gagner in Montreal.  He does all of his surgeries laproscopically even revisions.  Two days in hospitals, very little pain, walking around the city the fourth day.  My malabsorption issues are gone!!!!  I had to fight my insurance company to get this approved out of the country but he is probably the only doc in the world that has these documented results.  If you don't have insurance coverage, I beleive self pay is about 20,000 US.  Good luck.
Most Active