Things are moving forward

kim W.
on 12/1/10 5:04 am - west des moines, IA
This week has been looking forward in getting the ultimate goal of revision to DS.
Went to the origanal surgeons office for a checkup after 5 years. Found that my vit levels are not horrible but fixable. My D level was really low, and that is ok. Started taking calcum and complex B and a b12 shot and already starting to feel better.
The one thing that I was worried about I had finally found true after a CT scan, I have a 6 to7 cm hernia that needs repaired.
Had original surgeons office send my surgery info to Dr.Anthone's office to see if he would do my DS revision. Now it is a waiting game to see if he will be willing to do a revision. I also had them send me a copy of the information and I thought it was very interesting that I was complaining of a possible hernia back 3 months post op. Kinda wonder if I have been living with this hernia for the past 6 years?

So now here is the question, the orginal surgeons office wants to replair the hernia and do a scan while I am under to see my pouch size. Which I am ok with but I dont know if maybe I should wait to see if there is a long wait for Dr. Anthone to do a revision and fix the hernia all at one time?
Starting to have a good feeling about everything and so ready to have this rolling the right way!!!!

Start-Revision RNY 02/17/2012- 402#, 2 months- down 55 #, 3 months-339

Most Active