Gastric Bypass Revision (Any Comments Welcomed)

candice2005
on 11/29/10 9:35 pm - Dallas, TX
Hi
I am having Gastric Bypass revision with Dr Wade Barker (Dallas Tx) Dec 15th and I was wondering how everyones revision went? Can you provide any info or comments or suggestions? Please advise.
Thanks
Candice :) 
brenbrit58
on 11/30/10 5:41 am - Milton, FL
Mine was fine thank god and the fact that I have a really tallented surgeon with no bedside manner at all ^_^.
I don't know about your pain level, but mine was tollerable to the point of needing none by day 4. This is by no means is a guideline for you as I always do this. My thing is the woozies from the actual surgery I hate them the most, but once they are gone and I feel normal and better to sit up and walk the ward floor.
Oh and there is the lovely swallow test so take a gas-x  in your pocket (I forgot mine) to help with the after taste blahhh!! I walked my a$$ off and even sipped as I did this which impressed the staff but I did tell them a rum and coke would have been nicer to sip on!!
Do everything as before chapstick, Gas-X etc. You should expect no different than before so good luck to you

CatChick1964
on 12/5/10 7:44 pm - SC
I would follow BB's suggestion on the GasX and be thankful they can do it endoscopically.  My revision will have to done invasive since my fist was invasive and the scar tissue is expected to be massive.
Best of luck with you revision... I hope and pray all goes well and keep us informed.
Most Active