LB slipped...revision question

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/10 8:19 pm

My band slipped several weeks ago.  It went back into place.  But has probably slipped before..just no one had done an upper GI to see it.  Doctors wanting a revision.  Says that my insurance will probably cover it.  I need to meet with a dietician...that's wanting me to bring a couple days of what I've eaten listed.  Now that the band is completely unfilled, I'm hungry of course, and eating more than if the band was filled.  I'm worried this will be a problem when they look at my diet.

Dena

brenbrit58
on 11/28/10 8:50 pm - Milton, FL

Revise wisely and do your homework first look in failed WLS forum too. What you eat right now is irrelevant in regards to a revision because you will start over, they just want to make sure you are not eating the fridge of all the ice cream and cake it has in it right now ( lol ) and are capable of making good choices and by the look of your avatar I'd say you are, so have faith. 

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/29/10 1:34 am - Mexico
On November 29, 2010 at 4:19 AM Pacific Time, denach wrote:

My band slipped several weeks ago.  It went back into place.  But has probably slipped before..just no one had done an upper GI to see it.  Doctors wanting a revision.  Says that my insurance will probably cover it.  I need to meet with a dietician...that's wanting me to bring a couple days of what I've eaten listed.  Now that the band is completely unfilled, I'm hungry of course, and eating more than if the band was filled.  I'm worried this will be a problem when they look at my diet.

Dena

Is your Av photo current?  You look pretty darn good.  If you are so thin how will ins cover a revision to another surgery type?  Assuming you have WLS benefits they will pay to correct something with a band but I don't see how they will revise you to another surgery type at goal.

As for food... try really hard to go low carb.  Usually I suggest people just cut out white carbs but if you go low carb during this time frame of being unfilled your blood sugar will even out and kill most of your hunger.

I wouldn't worry about your diet, if we ate a perfect diet we wouldn't need surgery. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
terilynn112
on 11/29/10 2:02 am - maryland, NY
Mine has slipped at least twice. I'm in the process of a revision... i however haven't lost crap with mine.... My insurance is covering the revision.

Teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

terilynn112
on 11/29/10 2:07 am - maryland, NY
I have had my band slip twice... at least. I'm in the process of a revision. IF that picture is current, then you do need to think about how much more weight you might wanna loose.

I'm revising to an RNY.

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/10 4:01 am
The picture isn't current, but I was at about the same weight I am now when it was taken.  I am now 181.  7 years ago I was at 289 (overweight my ENTIRE life).  Lost 100 lbs by diet, exercise, then hurt my knee, began regaining.  Had lap band surgery at around 225.  Last summer was at 155.  My main concern is my health.  Both parents have had bypass surgeries and high blood pressure.  Father is battling cancer again.  Mother diabetic.  So it's more about the health than looks.  I really think if I don't do something my weight will keep going up.
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/29/10 6:49 am - Mexico
On November 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM Pacific Time, denach wrote:
The picture isn't current, but I was at about the same weight I am now when it was taken.  I am now 181.  7 years ago I was at 289 (overweight my ENTIRE life).  Lost 100 lbs by diet, exercise, then hurt my knee, began regaining.  Had lap band surgery at around 225.  Last summer was at 155.  My main concern is my health.  Both parents have had bypass surgeries and high blood pressure.  Father is battling cancer again.  Mother diabetic.  So it's more about the health than looks.  I really think if I don't do something my weight will keep going up.

What are you revising to?  Band to band or band to another surgery type?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
(deactivated member)
on 11/29/10 10:03 am
Hoping to revise from band to sleeve. 
hoping4june
on 11/29/10 11:16 pm - MN
 I'm not sure about your insurance company but mine approved removal of the Lap Band and denied a revision.  
"What the caterpillar thought was the end of life, the butterfly realized was just the beginning!"

Most Active