Band over bypass

Sapphire1964
on 11/29/10 7:17 am
Just checking to see if anyone has done this yet in the way of a revision.  Been told not the way to go but it's the one where I see less risk involved (it appears that RNY to DS is quite involved) - just wanted to see what feelers are out there (scheduled for 12-30) and see what others might think.

My history is that I was successful in my RNY but then had a problem with transfer addiction then a personal tragedy in my life, which is now under control, however I gained a lot of weight back and didn't really check into it due to the cir****tances in my life until it was already out of control.  Ready to have some resistance to eating too much again...know it can't fix the head but to help with the stomach is what I am looking for.

When they can fix the head with the stomach, it'll be near perfect! :)
brenbrit58
on 11/30/10 4:38 am - Milton, FL
This seems to be a good option for controlling the amount of food you will eat, however I know someone that has had this done and she is up and down with it. The elusive sweet spot fill and keeping an eye on calories seems to be the thing that messes with you.

csanddex
on 12/2/10 11:41 am
I have it and am down 36lbs since June. A bit slower going but I am happy with it. Read some of my older posts for some research on it.
Sapphire1964
on 12/2/10 11:39 pm
THanks will take a look back at some of your posts...36 pounds since June is nothing to sneeze over - thats a bit more than 5 pounds a month which you probably wouldn't have lost on your own!  Good luck - am looking forward to  my journey!
csanddex
on 12/3/10 6:38 am
A million times better than what I can do on my own. Good luck to you!
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/5/10 10:03 pm - Mexico
Less risk = less results. Sad reality but true. The problem is that bypass folks are already metabolically challenged merely because they had bypass. Giving them restriction doesn't typically do the job since giving them restriction doesn't fix metabolically challenged.

Just please, go into this knowing bands are short term, not long term. And it isn't really going to fix your real problem.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active