What do you think?

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/10 5:04 am
I had Gastric By-pass July 2008.  When I had the surgery I weighed 237 and my lowest weight was 146.  Now I am holding at 154-156 and it's driving me crazy.  I had a, endoscopy done recently and it shows my pouch being the size of a small lemon, but the opening is large.

I am going to meet with my wls doctor to discuss a revision.  I still eat small portions and I dump on everything (vegetables, meat, pasta, etc.).  Do you think I need a revision?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Sherline
Ladytazz
on 11/29/10 5:09 am
If you didn't dump I would say you didn't need a revision but the quality of your life cannot be good with the dumping. Your best bet would be to have a VSG, that way you would have your pyloric valve and no dumping. That may be all you need but if you need malabsorption you could get the DS. I have a feeling that your surgeon is probably like most bariatric surgeons and cannot revise a pouch to a sleeve and will probably try to make your stoma smaller, which leaves you open to the same problem in the future. You might want to find a good revision surgeon.
hoping4june
on 11/29/10 11:11 pm - MN
OMG!  If you have a problem holding at 154-156...it isn't a revision you need...it is therapy to help you see that is an awesome place to be! 
"What the caterpillar thought was the end of life, the butterfly realized was just the beginning!"

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/5/10 9:37 pm - Mexico
On November 30, 2010 at 7:11 AM Pacific Time, hoping4june wrote:
OMG!  If you have a problem holding at 154-156...it isn't a revision you need...it is therapy to help you see that is an awesome place to be! 

And dumping on everything is a good thing?  It is not the OP that needs therapy, it is YOU.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
StillHopefulinAZ
on 12/5/10 12:32 pm
dumping throwing up or dumping not feeling well?  I assume you have tried all kinds of different foods to see if there is something that does not make you sick?  Your weight is awesome.  I would LOVE to be there!  I wonder if there is anyway to shrink the opening?
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/5/10 9:38 pm - Mexico
On November 29, 2010 at 1:04 PM Pacific Time, sherline1 wrote:
I had Gastric By-pass July 2008.  When I had the surgery I weighed 237 and my lowest weight was 146.  Now I am holding at 154-156 and it's driving me crazy.  I had a, endoscopy done recently and it shows my pouch being the size of a small lemon, but the opening is large.

I am going to meet with my wls doctor to discuss a revision.  I still eat small portions and I dump on everything (vegetables, meat, pasta, etc.).  Do you think I need a revision?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Sherline

Oh hell yes!

Dumping on healthy foods is not a good thing.  I'd suggest a sleeve.  But there are only about 5-6 surgeons that can take down bypass and revise your stomach to a sleeve.  Even fewer than can do it lap vs. full open surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/10 11:43 pm
Thank you for your responses. 

My dumping has always been in the bathroom if you know what I mean.  I recently went away this past weekend and I swear I spent more time in the bathroom than out having fun with my family.  I am glad that I still dump, because it helps with my weight loss.

I just wanted to know should I have a revision to make my opening smaller?
WASaBubbleButt
on 12/6/10 12:25 pm - Mexico
On December 6, 2010 at 7:43 AM Pacific Time, sherline1 wrote:
Thank you for your responses. 

My dumping has always been in the bathroom if you know what I mean.  I recently went away this past weekend and I swear I spent more time in the bathroom than out having fun with my family.  I am glad that I still dump, because it helps with my weight loss.

I just wanted to know should I have a revision to make my opening smaller?

I'd revise to something that doesn't make you dump on healthy foods.

Most Active