Hating my sleeve

spybo
on 11/28/10 9:14 am - Houston area, TX
Not sure how so many people lose and keep pff their weight with the sleeve, it does nothing for me.  I feel like it was $12,500 for nothing, except it did get my band out.

I worry about protein malabsorption with GB or DS, I find it hard to get enough protein now.

If my sleeve was smaller/tighter it might make a difference?  Unsure of what to think...
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/28/10 12:34 pm - Mexico
On November 28, 2010 at 5:14 PM Pacific Time, spybo wrote:
Not sure how so many people lose and keep pff their weight with the sleeve, it does nothing for me.  I feel like it was $12,500 for nothing, except it did get my band out.

I worry about protein malabsorption with GB or DS, I find it hard to get enough protein now.

If my sleeve was smaller/tighter it might make a difference?  Unsure of what to think...

Protein shakes... saves the day.

I'm not a big meat person, I think most of it is gross.  I love beans and I have my fav protein shakes.

If you are going the route of malabsorption, please please consider DS over RNY.  I think you will be much happier with DS.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Amyiable
on 11/29/10 9:52 am
Was a BB - What are your fav protein shakes?  How do you eat beans? 
Amyiable ----  Revised again on 12/9/10 
My 16 oz pouch was VSG'd & stoma narrowed to1.2 cm diameter.  Slight changes to limb lengths, to align with DS  (Total sm bowel = 700 cm, alimentary limb = 275 cm, and common channel set at 75cm)  

Highest 325/Weight at revision 241/Current ???/Goal 150

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/29/10 11:06 am - Mexico
On November 29, 2010 at 5:52 PM Pacific Time, Amyiable wrote:
Was a BB - What are your fav protein shakes?  How do you eat beans? 

I like Matrix 5.0 by Syntrax, Whey Gourmet Choco/PB by ... I forget who makes it.  I'll think of it and post it.  And I like Atkins premixes.  The Matrix has a whey aftertaste so I add DaVinci s/f syrups to kill the whey aftertaste.  I love Choco with Cherry s/f syrup.

Beans... I make my own refried beans with no lard and EVOO instead.  I also like Black Bean Salad, you can either add chicken or pineapple but I'm here to tell you, both are not good.  I put everything in there, cilantro, lime juice, tomatoes, tomatillos, onion, olive oil, chili powder, fresh garlic, everything.  I have the recipe somewhere.  I also love lentil soup.  Lentils, unlike most beans, contain a full protein chain.  I make lentil veggie soup.

MARIA F.
on 11/29/10 11:56 am - Athens, GA

BSN makes a Syntha-6 chocolate peanutbutter. BSN has some good products!

Love the Davinci SF stuff!!!

Now what is EVOO???

FormerlyFluffy.com

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/29/10 11:58 am - Mexico
On November 29, 2010 at 7:56 PM Pacific Time, MARIA F. wrote:

BSN makes a Syntha-6 chocolate peanutbutter. BSN has some good products!

Love the Davinci SF stuff!!!

Now what is EVOO???

EVOO... extra virgin olive oil.  Wayyyyy better than lard. (blechhhhh)

spybo
on 11/29/10 1:13 pm - Houston area, TX
So, do you know how different RNY and DS are in regards to protein requirements?

Yes, I believe I would choose DS first, in fact it's what I wanted when I got my sleeve, but couldn't find surgeon in TX that would do it, and Maybe didn't know about Dr Ungson.  If sleeve was smaller I might be happier with it.  And also, I understand that some people have longer stomachs that will hold more es a sleeve.

The ONLY protein drink I can stand is Myoplex 42 gm protein ready made.  The low carb ones make me feel hypoglycemic.  The 42 gm one can be drunk in 2 separate meals for 150 cals each.
Amyiable
on 11/29/10 5:29 pm
Thanks!!
Amyiable ----  Revised again on 12/9/10 
My 16 oz pouch was VSG'd & stoma narrowed to1.2 cm diameter.  Slight changes to limb lengths, to align with DS  (Total sm bowel = 700 cm, alimentary limb = 275 cm, and common channel set at 75cm)  

Highest 325/Weight at revision 241/Current ???/Goal 150

Most Active