VSG to RNY conversion comming up!

Alan R.
on 11/25/10 9:50 pm - Atlanta, GA
Revision on 12/08/10 with
I will be having a VSG to RNY conversion in two weeks.  Does anyone have any experience with that?  I had very good results from my VSG but still have a ways to go to reach my goal.  Any tips would be appreciated!

Visit My VSG/WLS Video Blog @ www.youtube.com/audioalan

MsBatt
on 11/26/10 2:08 am
Have you considered revising to the DS instead? You currently already have the stomach portion of the DS, so all you'd need would be the intestinal re-routing---your stomach wouldn't get butchered into a pouch, but would remain a fully-functional organ. There are just too many potential problems with the pouch/stoma arrangement for me to consider this a good idea.

Also, the DS has the very BEST long-term, maintained weight-loss stats, AND the best stats on resolving or preventing co-morbs like diabetes and high cholesterol. Long-term stats on the Sleeve and the RNY are about the same, with both being less successful than the full DS.

While your surgeon does list the DS among the procedures he offers, he does NOT appear to have ever DONE one. You owe it to yourself to at least consult with an actual, vetted DS surgeon before you butcher your Sleeve. Here's a listing of vetted DS surgeons in North America:www.dsfacts.com/North-American-Duodenal-Switch-Surgeons.html #il
WASaBubbleButt
on 11/26/10 2:32 am - Mexico
I agree with MsBatt, you are already there with half the DS being done. RNY buys you two years of malabsorption and then you are back to diet and exercise. Not so w/DS.

I don't believe Joya does DS, that's probably why they are pushing RNY.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active